• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Severe stomach pain - advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebeccajcs

Yesterday evening and this evening I am experiencing stomach pain that I've never had before. I am also having minor chills and diarrhea. The diarrhea was worse yesterday, but the pain is worse this evening. I have no abdominal pain. The pain is on the left just below the breast and radiates to the back. It is severe enough that it makes me cry. My instinct is to double-over, but it feels better when I stretch out. I have not consumed anything unusual. My husband just got over a stomach bug and says my symptoms sound like his, but I'm not sure. I don't want to go to the hospital because I'm out of town and am not confident about the ER's ability to treat a gastric bypass patient - especially after reading other forum member's posts. What do y'all think? I want to know if you think I should wait and see or seek treatment at the ER. I haven't had a stomach bug since my surgery 18 months ago. In the past I had more abdominal pain with stomach bugs. Your thoughts?

I would go to the ER if you are worried about it. Its probably the flu if your husband just had the bug but what if its not and something is wrong? Better to be safe. So many people are getting bariatric surgery nowadays, they should have someone who is knowledgeable about gastric bypass'.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Cheyenne

Thanks, Cheyenne.
It took my husband 7 days to get over the virus. I've found people to cover me at work for the rest of today and tomorrow. I plan to go to the hospital on Monday if I'm no better. Thanks for listening. I have not had a stomach bug since my surgery and have never had one lasting more than 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back