• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

shakes

Jewelz1

I'm in my 3 day clear prep for my surgery on Tuesday the 31. My question is, it says I can also have protein shakes, But it didn't say how many. I've had my morning shake, am I able to have any more? Does anyone know? Its Saturday, and I know my drs office is closed. Thank you!!

If you have a powder you mix with something as long as it is clear you should be good to go.... If your doc said you can have the shakes on the diet them my guess would be 2-3 max.... Good luck

My doctor says women need. 60 grams of protein a day. The day before surgery I'm not allowed any protein. The day before surgery I can have non carbonated flavored water and clear chicken or beef broth. Then nothing after 8 pm the day before surgery except if I need to take medicine.
I was told everyone should get 70-80g of protein aday for most surgery's and some of the surgery's needs to be upped to 100+... May depend on the doc I guess

im going to be like 150 gm protein a day i guess cause Im doing the isopure powder mix and thats 50g each serving so 3 shakes a day will give me 150. hope thats not too much.. Im going to Preop tomorrow Ill ask dr. Good luck on your surgery on tuesday ..

im going to be like 150 gm protein a day i guess cause Im doing the isopure powder mix and thats 50g each serving so 3 shakes a day will give me 150. hope thats not too much.. Im going to Preop tomorrow Ill ask dr. Good luck on your surgery on tuesday ..
From what I was told by a nutritionist is the body can only process 30g of protein at a time, so the rest is not used..

So I guess that wont hurt me then to have more. I actually like the taste of the isopure surprisingly .
Nope won't hurt you.... Glad you found some protein powder you like, alot of people are still looking for the one they like... Did you speak to your doc about this?

I spoke with nutritionist and they said it's fine, cause you can only absorb around 30 at a time and your drinking point 2oz of the 8 oz every 15 min that's Ok. I'm excited I went and bought the big bucket lol. .

I have been making protein shakes with frozen fruit sometimes. I have Bariatric Advantage protein powder (vanilla) and it's pretty good. Makes a lot so I split it with my husband. I drink Premier Protein as well. It's 30 grams of protein. It's pretty good, as well.

Ok so since surgery I don't flip over isopure shakes I bought before so I've been drinking premier protein chocolate.

I didn't try the Isopure but one of my friends that has had this surgery told me they were awful so I didn't even try them. I drink shakes I have made myself, too. Now that I can eat more solid food, I still have at least 1 protein drink a day. It's hard getting all the protein in otherwise.

I have been making protein shakes with frozen fruit sometimes. I have Bariatric Advantage protein powder (vanilla) and it's pretty good. Makes a lot so I split it with my husband. I drink Premier Protein as well. It's 30 grams of protein. It's pretty good, as well.
How often do you drink Premier in a day? It has a lot of sugar per serving or not. My doctor wants me along with his other patients to have less than 15g of sugar per day. I believe I'm going to try the Bariatric Advantage Vanilla and Whey Vanilla.

So I guess that wont hurt me then to have more. I actually like the taste of the isopure surprisingly .
I would check with your Dr when you are able to about the maximum of protein you can have. Too much can hurt your kidneys. I can't remember what is too much though.

I have the Bariatric Advantage protein powder and make protein shakes out of it. It's actually pretty good. I have added peanut butter powder to it and some sugar-free syrups (caramel, etc.) for something different. They are all pretty good. I drink 1 protein shake a day, usually for breakfast.

I'm afraid I've been drinking the wrong protein shakes and I only have 2 more days until my surgery. I've been drinking Special K and Boost. I might call my weight loss clinic tomorrow and ask the nutritionist. Has anyone drank these 2 I mentioned?

Those have too high calories vs protein. That's why they recommend the premier and isopure etc. You shouldn't drink them after the surgery

I'm afraid I've been drinking the wrong protein shakes and I only have 2 more days until my surgery. I've been drinking Special K and Boost. I might call my weight loss clinic tomorrow and ask the nutritionist. Has anyone drank these 2 I mentioned?
I replied above sorry

I purchased isopure unflavored protein and hated it. I'm in my first week out of surgery so I'm still on liquids. So, I refuse to not use it. Yesterday I decided to spruce it up. Success! I purchased Folgers decaf single serve instant packets. I dissolve it in an ounce of hot water with sugar free vanilla syrup ( wal-mart sells Starbucks syrup) then I add the rest of water and the protein powder. Shook it up with ice. Love it! Oh how I missed my coffee. Now I can have my morning iced coffee! I'm trying a recipe I saw on Pinterest where you make Jello and add a scoop of unflavored protein at the end. We'll see how it goes.

Back