• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Share Your Bariatric Experience: We'd Like to Hear from You (Videos)

KristenJH

Hello everyone,

I work with Bariatric Food Source in the office, and some of the ladies I work with thought it would be really cool to try to put together some videos of bariatric patients sharing their experiences.

We've heard many of you share your experiences and struggles, as well as your triumphs, related to bariatric surgery. We think these stories are valuable and should be heard by more people. That's why we're asking if you would be interested in making a short video about your journey with bariatric surgery.

Why Make a Video?

1. Help Others: Your experience can provide insights for people who are considering or are in the middle of their own bariatric journey.
  2. Share Information: What have you learned? What would you do differently? This can be really useful for others.
  3. Strengthen Our Group: Your story is part of the collective experience we all share. It makes our support group more informative and helpful for everyone.
We have someone here that can do any editing for the video, so the videos don't have to be perfect, or even of great recording quality.

What to Include

• What life was like before, during, and after your surgery
  • Both your successes and any challenges or setbacks
  • Any advice you have for others
If you think your story is too common, remember that even everyday experiences can be extremely valuable to others.

Video Content & Length

You can record any length you want, and talk about any aspect of your bariatric journey. I'm thinking something between 2-10 minutes, but any length could work. The videos will end up on a new youtube channel that we hope to share somewhere on this site or on BariatricFoodSource.com

I can't make any promises yet, but I think I'll be able to get some $50 gift cards for anybody that submits a video that we use.

We hope you consider making a short video if you would be comfortable sharing your story or just some experiences you've had. Your experience could be very helpful to someone else going through something similar.

Thank you,

Kristen and the BFS Team

PS: I'm still not exactly sure what the best way to send the videos in to us, so I'll have to get back to you on that if we do have any interest. :)

I don't want to make a video, but I do have a few before and after pictures that are pretty dramatic. You can see them on my profile page. You're welcome to use them if you can figure out a way to fit them in.

1698271177290.jpeg

1698271285038.jpeg

Back