• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sharing Information About Surgery

LTMR

Me again, lol I feel like this is such a personal journey that I have not shared with many people. The ones that know, my husband, son, mom, and a very close friend, and a friend who did this ten years ago and I asked/told them not to discuss my plans or they die lol. I guess I didn't want to hear any negativity. I like this group because someone has gone or is going through the same thing. I guess I will lose some girlfriends and then they were probably not real friends if they do that. I just did not want to share my journey with people I know in real time. I know, strange because you all are in real time lol ranting, after its over and I am better than I will tell or say...thanks for the ear.

I didn’t tell anyone except my husband and my two daughters that live in our house. I was not even sure I was going to tell my mom who lives in our neighborhood, but then decided to two days beforehand (in part because I needed a ride to the hospital). This is very personal stuff, and I just didn’t want to deal with wondering what other people are thinking about me and the decision to be private. Own your decision- you don’t owe anyone an explanation.

I thought I was too and then had a freaking melt down when the brand of undies I wore didn't sell my new/smaller size lol And I'm still annoyed that all "regular" sized shirts seem to end at the waist. I liked my fat girl style and struggled to find my "new" style.
I truly understand. my mind is constantly racing. I’m not sure what to really expect but any improvement for a healthier life I welcome. I am not sure how the how the shopping for new clothes will be but I definitely know the change with be something I will have to get use to.

I thought I was too and then had a freaking melt down when the brand of undies I wore didn't sell my new/smaller size lol And I'm still annoyed that all "regular" sized shirts seem to end at the waist. I liked my fat girl style and struggled to find my "new" style.
Someone in a FB group I am in mentioned this also. That she never realized she didn't have a style and how mentally challenging it was to dress herself after her weight loss. I never really even thought about it through all my ups and downs of weight loss. I guess I never maintained long enough to really notice. I am a jeans and t-shirt girl and after reading her post it made me think. Am I? Or did I just become that because my options are so limited? What will my style be? Even when I lost a ton of weight last time, I just kept buying jeans and t-shirts and never thought much about it. I am looking forward to "finding my style" but recently a little scared of it.

I am so glad that I saved most of my clothes from my earlier sizes. Even as my weight climbed, I had hope that someday I would lose the weight. My therapist made me donate the really small sizes (6-10) but I have several Rubbermaid containers of size 12-18 (many with price tags still on them). My style has always been classic “JCP Mom” look. I am so looking forward to opening those containers someday!

Yesssss... that was reallly challenging!!! Even when I was down 160 pounds, I still had the skin and such that made "regular" clothing a challenge. This is not nearly the challenge it was post-plastics, and I am having some fun with some of the new styles I can wear now.

At 62 is there really options for style? I seem to be stuck in a leggings style. I have found some cute ones with winter they are great under other clothes like jeans/pants for warmth too.
I’m more about leggings now more than ever! Pants with buttons can still, after almost a year and a half, aggravate my belly button. Plus super cute things can happen with leggings.

Back