• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

significant weight loss

donna york....I have not been on the forum for a long time. My name is pat miller and I am feast or famine. I don't know how far out you are but I can tell you as a nurse you are in overdrive. two things 800 calories a day with your exercise plan will start your body eatin itself. It may not cause and immediate effect, but over the long hall it will make you unhappy.. did you have large arms and legs to begin with or not. that may not really go away,it will have less fat. I had my bpass 10years ago and regain 30 lbs and it has taken me a year to lose 4 lbs. I plateued at 200 lbs and it was crazy and I wanted to pull my hair out. speaking og which get some zinc for your hair loss. 67 years old and I guess the slow wt. loss.water is essential don't forget your good carbs. please write to me pat.e-mail id faster pmiller64@earthlink.net

The calorie thing is what they told me I could have. No more than 800. I'm 4 months out is all. Was finally feeling normal by being able to eat more things. I eat nothing but protein. That's what my dr said for me to do. So typical day is egg or Greek yogurt for breakfast, lunch is lean turkey an cheese, snack Greek yogurt, 12oz glass skim milk, dinner is 1 to 2 oz chicken or pork or beef depends on what I fix my family. I may take one or two very small bites of a veggie or potato at dinner but never more than that. So are you saying I'm exercising to much. My legs an arms aren't huge but I need to tighten them up. That's why I'm walking the 10,000 steps a day. What do I need to change.

donna york....I have not been on the forum for a long time. My name is pat miller and I am feast or famine. I don't know how far out you are but I can tell you as a nurse you are in overdrive. two things 800 calories a day with your exercise plan will start your body eatin itself. It may not cause and immediate effect, but over the long hall it will make you unhappy.. did you have large arms and legs to begin with or not. that may not really go away,it will have less fat. I had my bpass 10years ago and regain 30 lbs and it has taken me a year to lose 4 lbs. I plateued at 200 lbs and it was crazy and I wanted to pull my hair out. speaking og which get some zinc for your hair loss. 67 years old and I guess the slow wt. loss.water is essential don't forget your good carbs. please write to me pat.e-mail id faster pmiller64@earthlink.net
Does the zinc really help with the hair? I'm so afraid of loosing my hair and don't want to. I've been taking biotin and using biotin shampoo and the vitamins I have, only have 45 grams of zinc. How much do you need? So you had this done 10 years ago? Me, just 4 days ago, I'm so sore, will be glad when the pain goes away.

Does the zinc really help with the hair? I'm so afraid of loosing my hair and don't want to. I've been taking biotin and using biotin shampoo and the vitamins I have, only have 45 grams of zinc. How much do you need? So you had this done 10 years ago? Me, just 4 days ago, I'm so sore, will be glad when the pain goes away.
Not everyone has hair loss. I had surgery on 12/6 and have not lost any hair. I'm even bad about taking my vitamins. Working on that. I promise, the pain does go away. You should start feeling better at any time. I went off my pain meds on day 4 and that helped me feel better. Good luck with your recovery.

Not everyone has hair loss. I had surgery on 12/6 and have not lost any hair. I'm even bad about taking my vitamins. Working on that. I promise, the pain does go away. You should start feeling better at any time. I went off my pain meds on day 4 and that helped me feel better. Good luck with your recovery.
Thank you for the message, today is a week that I had surgery and I still am in so much pain on my left side. I had two surgeries together though. The hiatal hernia and the by pass. I almost have all the water weight gain off that they put on me in the hospital. I'm hoping I don't have the hair loss, glad that you don't. Did anyone else have trouble with pain on the left side? If so could you please let me know how long it lasts? Thank You!

Thank you for the message, today is a week that I had surgery and I still am in so much pain on my left side. I had two surgeries together though. The hiatal hernia and the by pass. I almost have all the water weight gain off that they put on me in the hospital. I'm hoping I don't have the hair loss, glad that you don't. Did anyone else have trouble with pain on the left side? If so could you please let me know how long it lasts? Thank You!
The hernia repair will definitely extend your recovery time. I had a hernia repair in May 2016. Again, took about 4 days for the pain to go away. I'd say give it another few days. If still having pain, call your Dr. As for left sided pain, your new stomach most likely sits to the left a little. The pain is probably radiating from there since they probably did most of their heavy laparoscopic work on that side. Hope that helps.

The hernia repair will definitely extend your recovery time. I had a hernia repair in May 2016. Again, took about 4 days for the pain to go away. I'd say give it another few days. If still having pain, call your Dr. As for left sided pain, your new stomach most likely sits to the left a little. The pain is probably radiating from there since they probably did most of their heavy laparoscopic work on that side. Hope that helps.
Thank you, that does help and that could be part of the reason it hurts so much. I'm glad I have this group to help and ask questions. Best of luck everyone!

Thank You, How long ago did you have your surgery done and how are you doing?
My surgery was on 12/6. I'm doing good now. The first 1 1/2 months I dealt with a lot of dizziness which kept me from doing much. Found out that, unknown to me, a med I was taking for one issue was actually blood pressure med. I had lost weight before the surgery and my body was lowering my blood pressure too much. Once I got off the med, I felt 1,000% better. I consider the surgery to be the best thing I ever could have done. Have lost 53 lbs since surgery.

My surgery was on 12/6. I'm doing good now. The first 1 1/2 months I dealt with a lot of dizziness which kept me from doing much. Found out that, unknown to me, a med I was taking for one issue was actually blood pressure med. I had lost weight before the surgery and my body was lowering my blood pressure too much. Once I got off the med, I felt 1,000% better. I consider the surgery to be the best thing I ever could have done. Have lost 53 lbs since surgery.
Wow your doing really great, when did you notice the weight loss starting, it's been just a week for me yesterday and so far I've just gotten the 11 lbs off that they put on me in the hospital. So in three months you have lost 53, that's amazing, good for you. I hope it works the same for me. Sorry you had to go through the dizziness, that must have been hard. Best of luck, your doing wonderful.

Wow your doing really great, when did you notice the weight loss starting, it's been just a week for me yesterday and so far I've just gotten the 11 lbs off that they put on me in the hospital. So in three months you have lost 53, that's amazing, good for you. I hope it works the same for me. Sorry you had to go through the dizziness, that must have been hard. Best of luck, your doing wonderful.
I didn't weigh myself until the week after surgery. I only lost 2 lbs. I think I had gained some water weight. I've had good weeks (losing 6 lbs) and not so good weeks (losing 2 lbs). I have gone down 2 clothing sizes, so I try to stay positive with that. Good luck to you and let us know how you progress.

Back