• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Skin issues

Inkedcurv

I've lost about 290#. I obtained my bypass in 2008. The weight came off fast. My extra skin area (IE: inner thighs, under arms, low tummy)are starting to wrinkle and feel very dry and painful. Any remedies?

I have lost about 220 lb and also have had dry wrinkly skin but something that has helped me is plain old cheap mineral oil. I bought a product that looked fancy and cost $12 for a little bottle and it worked well. So I looked at the ingredients and was shocked to find out it was made with plain old cheap mineral oil. I can buy a big bottle of mineral oil for about $2. Nothing but surgery is going to completely change my wrinkles but it definitely does help. I like to put it on and then shower about 30 minutes later. Argon Oil is really great too but is much more expensive!

Cheyenne

I have the same problems I found plan sugar scrub you use it after the bath while your still in your tub rub it all over your sagging skin and wash off with plan water.

I've lost about 290#. I obtained my bypass in 2008. The weight came off fast. My extra skin area (IE: inner thighs, under arms, low tummy)are starting to wrinkle and feel very dry and painful. Any remedies?
I had plastic surgery to remove skin. Expensive but they have policies for extended payments same as cash.

Back