• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Skin removal referrals

I need help fast! I had GBS in 2002. Within one year I was down from 481 to 260. I was nearing 200 when I became injured internally and broken bones which halted my exercising. I was hoping to get to 200 and have my extra skin removed from my abdomen
. It was a grade 2 pannus. Over the past four years, my health had declined and I have gained weight. Back to 340. But I lost some and I am at 270. But the skin around my stomach hangs to my knees and it is HEAVY. It's like carrying a three year old around 24 hours a day. I'm tired. My mobility is hindered because I have in operable knee injury. I can't stand very long. I don't sleep well and I am in pain 24 hours a day. I need to have this removed. It's horrible! I thank God for waking me up each day but is this really living. I don't go out much because it's too tiring. I have trouble taking care of my house and my husband who had a stroke on Thanksgiving day 2016. I need this removed. Any suggestions? I live in California. Thanks!

i'm sorry you are having issues, i do not live in CA. but if i were you, i would contact the dr. that did your surgery and have him refer you to someone, also it probably wouldn't hurt to get in touch with your nutritionist to help you get back on track, good luck I wish i could be more helpful

Hi Tracy. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the Dr. who performed the surgery referred me to a general plastic surgeon who does not do such procedures. Getting on track nutritionally is not an issue. I don't over eat, but I'm not very mobile. I lose weight, but this hanging extra skin has limited my movement quite a bit. I'm tired all the time and pain is 24/7. I know there has to be someone who can safely do this. It is not vanity. My quality of life is poor. I'm only 52 and want to live. I'll keep looking. I can't give up. Thanks again for your kind words. Blessings to you!

Hi Tracy. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the Dr. who performed the surgery referred me to a general plastic surgeon who does not do such procedures. Getting on track nutritionally is not an issue. I don't over eat, but I'm not very mobile. I lose weight, but this hanging extra skin has limited my movement quite a bit. I'm tired all the time and pain is 24/7. I know there has to be someone who can safely do this. It is not vanity. My quality of life is poor. I'm only 52 and want to live. I'll keep looking. I can't give up. Thanks again for your kind words. Blessings to you!
Your welcome and I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure you will find the right Dr for the job, I hope to be able to get my excess skin removed down the road , I still have some weight to lose though, and then I have to maintain it, I still have a long road ahead of me, I wish my bat wings would be covered by insurance, at this point that is the worst for me

Back