• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

skin removal !!

bridget

Anyone else having issues being told their BMI is still to high for skin removal? Mine is 33 so they want me to lose another 20lbs I have been told this by 4 drs but they also told me that they will be removing about that much as well .... I feel so frustrated because I am happy with my current weight/body mines all this skin

I have been weight stable for 7ish months now ... I just feel defeated. I finally felt like I was where I wanted to be and now im getting told yet again (after losing 147lbs) im still to heavy ..... it was just a huge slap in the face!!

Are the cosmetic surgeons your meeting with at one hospital group? Independent? I’m not sure how you found the 4 you went to, but I’d keep looking. Has your bariatric surgeon recommended any cosmetic surgeons? Are they against you having skin removal? For some people skin removal is a vital step in weight loss progression. It can help keep people motivated to make the right decisions, but also too much skin could potentially cause problems with rashes and things in the future. Don’t give up, keep searching.

Back