• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

"Skinny" Jeans

fuww57

Just came back from shopping for new jeans. I actually broke down when I saw myself in the mirror sporting a pair of "regular" (not "relaxed") fit 36" waist jeans. Talk about being "farkempt!" Luckily, my nephew was with me so I had someone to hug and share the moment. By the way, it's his mom (my sister) who encouraged me to go for the surgery when she knew how miserable my life had become. Coincidentally, I was wearing those green and white plaid shorts in my photo at the store. They are a 40" waist and now, when I unfasten the belt, fall to the floor! Time to update the photo.

Just came back from shopping for new jeans. I actually broke down when I saw myself in the mirror sporting a pair of "regular" (not "relaxed") fit 36" waist jeans. Talk about being "farkempt!" Luckily, my nephew was with me so I had someone to hug and share the moment. By the way, it's his mom (my sister) who encouraged me to go for the surgery when she knew how miserable my life had become. Coincidentally, I was wearing those green and white plaid shorts in my photo at the store. They are a 40" waist and now, when I unfasten the belt, fall to the floor! Time to update the photo.

Congratulations on your great weight loss!!! You are doing WONDERFUL!!!

Keep up the great work!!! :)

Cheyenne :cool:

Isn't it wonderful!

Fantastic.

I know the feelings. I am now comfortably into 38 waist jeans and feeling good.

I don't want to go any lower.

Technically, I actually weigh about 187 not 197 since my surgeon tells me I am carrying around about 10 pounds of excess skin. I have thought about the skin surgery, but haven't gone too far with that consideration yet.

Did you have any excess skin removed. You have to have had plenty starting at 362 and now into 36 waist pants.

Fantastic.

I have been in maintenance mode now since July 2nd. How about you. NO. Take that back. I see you still want to get to 185.

Again, have you had any skin removal surgery?

Considering it?

Thanks,

Ralph

Congratulations on your success. I see you just passed 1 year post op. You are an inspiration to us all. Time to let go of the old clothes and enjoy shopping for whatever you want.

Thanks, Kim, for your kind words. I just returned home from a 17 day trip and got on the scale to find I reached my 185 lb goal. However, since I am supposed to continue with the dietary instructions I received I'm hoping I can lose even more. Plus the increase in my activity level is helping the weight come off. I see that you went past your goal weight. That is an amazing difference in your starting and current weights. I love to see that. All the best!

Back