• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

sleeve, any thought and stories.

Hi I am having the sleeve end of feburary. Very excited, and scared. Do you have stories of surgery, and how it went, and recoving after. any hints for what they forget to tell me........

Congratulations. I was scared when I got approved and it was even more scary when I started talking to the surgons and all the pre op stuff but I always had my support person with me, one of my daughters, it was exciting at the same time though. I got buttrflies and could barely sleep the night before surgery, you will do fine it is ok to be scared:). There are a few people with the sleeve in my support group and it seemed like the recovery time was shorter than the R n Y, some of them thought the weight loss was slower and some thought it was quicker but our group facilitator said that the weight loss was similar and we all lose weight at a different pace, I have to agree with him, because I though the people with the sleeve lost weight faster than I did, but they probably didn't, LOL:rolleyes:. Most of us experienced dumping syndrome (getting sick) to certaine foods and some found it hard to eat at all for both the RnY and sleeve, and some people had no dumping. For the first year I had no appatite and just ate real small meals and would supplement with protien shakes. Good luck and let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Thanks Tom:
I am very excited, the biggest part of me can hardly wait, feel like my life has almost been on hold, and now going to get a chance to live again. Yes, I don't look forward to dumping , and hope it will not happen, so looking for info so I can prevent . but I am finding it all depends on person and chemistry. So laughing who knows what future will bring. lol But I can over come that if it happens. Thinks for listening and being here for me...... :eek:

Back