• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sleeve...sigh

Carolyn270

Welp, my surgeon says because of the way I'm built or where the fat lies so to speak, he would prefer to do the sleeve because of less complications and less of a challenge for the both of us. I guess I'm ok with that. But. I still won't know what day of surgery is til maybe mid June. I have a short list of things to do still. It'll get done. I'm soo determined. Hope yall are well.

All is well with me, I hope you are doing well. I had chosen the sleeve surgery but my surgeon recommended gastric bypass due my history with GERD and recurring ulcers. The big day is coming soon.

All is well with me, I hope you are doing well. I had chosen the sleeve surgery but my surgeon recommended gastric bypass due my history with GERD and recurring ulcers. The big day is coming soon.
Hi. I too have GERD but I'm thinking he doesn't feel it will be a problem for me after the surgery. I will have a preop appointment and ask him if he is sure at that time. I had to remind myself that medicine is yet to be an exact science.

Back