• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sleeve surgery doesnt work very well

I’m only 6 weeks in, but there times when I have no appetite at all and other times that little pouch growls like craze..
Even when it growls I’m not hungry most of the time.
In both cases I eat just a little bit of something. Some of the time I can only eat about half. Are you still eating your allotted amount for you stage?

I’m only 6 weeks in, but there times when I have no appetite at all and other times that little pouch growls like craze..
Even when it growls I’m not hungry most of the time.
In both cases I eat just a little bit of something. Some of the time I can only eat about half. Are you still eating your allotted amount for you stage?

I remember that stage growling stage. After I fully heal I found that I can eat more food. After about 8 months I found that I could eat just about anything except only in small quantities which is still the case, so to answer your question yes I'm eating the allotted amount of food for my stage but the fact that I'm taking in sugar (I was doing little or no sugar before) isn't helping me. My doctor also didn't want me to start working out until I was about 10 lbs from my goal and I started working out with weights vigorously at my goal halfway point.

Wow, your Dr. didn't want you working out until you were 10 pounds away from goal??? That sounds like pretty bad advice to me but perhaps you have health issues that he/she was worried about.

Yeah, sugar is a sneaky-devil! Addictive like nothing else too. I hope you're able to break away from it.

Wow, your Dr. didn't want you working out until you were 10 pounds away from goal??? That sounds like pretty bad advice to me but perhaps you have health issues that he/she was worried about.

Yeah, sugar is a sneaky-devil! Addictive like nothing else too. I hope you're able to break away from it.
When he said it I didn't think it was good advice either. He is one of those doctors that subscribe to the 80% diet and 20% exercise rule, intermittent fasting and little to no carbs. Because I did weight training 2 days per week, kickboxing 2 days per week and bootcamp 2 days per week he said that I would need more calories to work out. I didn't think that I would bec ause I couldn't take in much volume but he thinks because of all the exercise, my body is craving sugar for energy to do the all the aerobic activity. He also said that the muscle I'm building also weighs more that fat and the fat I still need to lose is sitting on top of the muscle I've built is making me look even bigger.
Now that I'm thinking about it, when I was sick with a cold for about 10 days and didn't work out I did start to lose weight again...so maybe he has a point. I just don't like that emaciated look that a lot of people get when they have the surgery which is why when I was able to lose enough weight to workout comfortably like I used to before I gained the weight, I ran with it.

Back