• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Somebody call Ripley's

You're definitely not going to believe this. When I got up I was so thirsty I went and got a chocolate Premier Protein Shake and sat in bed and drank it. All of it. Without any additives.

Knock knock. Who's there? Amazon Fresh delivery service. And four bags stuffed full of food.

I knew I had a cup of Magic Milk left and I didn't want it to spoil. After I finished unpacking my groceries, I made a protein drink out of it. That included three-quarters of a cup of Fage nonfat plain Greek yogurt, one banana, 1 quarter cup PB powder and about an eighth of a teaspoon of vanilla. For some weird reason it didn't taste very good. I think the banana was too green.

However it came 2 about 53 grams of protein. Adding the Premier Protein Shake that means I've got 83 grams of protein in, and the total calorie count was only 664 calories.

On the subject of Premier protein shakes, I have discovered that all the main flavors are available at Target for $7.99 or less. I really want to try the caramel but if it doesn't taste good I'm going to be so upset.

And speaking of Fage yogurt, it has 18 grams of protein in a 3/4 cup serving two. That is unbelievable.

I now have raw ingredients to make cheesecake smoothies and butterscotch smoothies and strawberry Jell-O smoothies and God knows what else.

Back