• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sorry Family

I have been busy trying to get everything ready. Going through court with 2 of my boys and home schooling 3 out of 4 and doctors appointments. I have been stomped. I have been busy getting ready for my next part of my story and hopefully it will be a good change in my story. The prayer that this will help me fully get my balance back is all I can do but my next step is a major surgery. I am getting an Panniculectomy. Hopefully with the excess skin removed then I can balance a little better and be able to walk again. I have been stuck at 350 to 360 for a long time. I want to start walking again to be able to lose more of the weight I need to. I hate being alone through this process but I have close friends that is on my team and you guys. But I am in sizes I have not been able to be in since I had my second son. Wearing jeans and all. Man I have came a long way for just under 2 years. But I am going to keep fighting this journey to get to where I want to be in my weight. When I think that my size is perfect I will be happy. My health is doing good. I upper body is stronger now. My lungs and heart are perfect. My fingers are still numb but Nueropathy is the cause of that as well as the numbness going from my knee down. But I will be fine with that as long as I can walk. I am willing to work around the nueropathy. I knew this was coming and I am ready for it. I have been doing my research. Just like when I was going for my bypass. I like being informed of what they are doing to my body. I like knowing the different surgeries. But I go to the surgeon for the Panniculectomy on the 26th. Have any of you guys had to go through the panniculectomy? If so how bad was the pain and how was your results. Any questions that I should ask the doctor. Help me with the questions because I have done research and the only thing I really want to ask the doctor is will they take care of the dog ears if that happens. So help me with questions...

Yes, you do have us for support!!! I hope all goes well for you with your boys. As for the surgery, I hear there's a bit of a recovery and more painful than VSG or RNY, but you've got this. Keep visualizing how much this will help you with walking and your balance. I wish I knew more about it to pass along info or come up with questions. I am never good at that. My husband is the question asker in our family!

Hi Mama, I was going to have one, but changed my mind for a bunch of reasons. For one thing, the post-op pain is said to be excruciating. There are so many nerve endings on the opposing muscles, every movement hurts beyond expression.

Also, my doctors would say it's too early for you to have it. A panniculectomy is the removal of the apron of fat hanging over and often infecting the incision on the abdomen. Liposuction is usually included in order to allow the largest possible apron.

You are restricted for months afterward. No stairs, no driving, so many other things. You want to be close to your weight goal.

But it's a serious decision, and no doctor would perform the procedure twice.

There are dozens of other complications and consequences. I hope your surgeon has explained it all to you.

I'm so glad to hear from you!

Hi Mama, I was going to have one, but changed my mind for a bunch of reasons. For one thing, the post-op pain is said to be excruciating. There are so many nerve endings on the opposing muscles, every movement hurts beyond expression.

Also, my doctors would say it's too early for you to have it. A panniculectomy is the removal of the apron of fat hanging over and often infecting the incision on the abdomen. Liposuction is usually included in order to allow the largest possible apron.

You are restricted for months afterward. No stairs, no driving, so many other things. You want to be close to your weight goal.

But it's a serious decision, and no doctor would perform the procedure twice.

There are dozens of other complications and consequences. I hope your surgeon has explained it all to you.

I'm so glad to hear from you!

I have 3 doctors and a physical therapist on board for it. And i am not dropping now more right now. I been 360 to 350 for 6 months now

As I was told a panni does not tighten the abdominal muscles like a tummy tuck.
The Panni is considered a medical necessity tummy tuck and Lipo is elected surgery a lot of insurances will only cover the panni so a lot of people will pay out of their pocket for the lipo and tummy tuck when they have the panni done that is what my friend did

As I was told a panni does not tighten the abdominal muscles like a tummy tuck.
The Panni is considered a medical necessity tummy tuck and Lipo is elected surgery a lot of insurances will only cover the panni so a lot of people will pay out of their pocket for the lipo and tummy tuck when they have the panni done that is what my friend did
For some women, the pannis becomes so large from fat that it looks like they have a "package," as the kids say.

When the apron gets so heavy and saggy, many people get horribly painful yeast infections (me) that you can't ignore. its excruciating to shower the stink away because touch is SO painful.

I started buying otc Monistat & other anti-fungal creams for athlete's foot (all caused by yeast) and slathering it on across the long abdominal scar. I'd had two other surgeries at that incision point, including a hysterectomy and bladder tacking. Agony!

I saw several doctors about this and was told liposuction was necessary to get the largest, loosest apron before cutting it away, suctioning the pannis, then sewing it up. The doctors all said part of the procedure did mimic a tummy tuck, but the target was this huge pannis.

Left out, yeast and bacteria easily hide in the folds and into the labia, vagina and rectum. This can have deadly consequences.

Because i didnt have the surgery, my pannis is still fattier than it should be. My doctor prescibes cream for me.

Wow this is a lot of information. But great information. I have that overhang too. But I plan to wait until after a year before I even contemplate doing anything. I did put the money aside in Jan if I would need it. But only “if”.

Back