• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

St. Agnes Hospital

SwtHrt7

My surgery was performed at St. Agnes in Baltimore. I must say the surgical team and everyone involved in prepping me and in recovery was excellent!! They did a GREAT job!! Once I went up onto the floor after recovery to my room on 2 south, that was a different story! I had ONE good Nurse and ONE good tech! The others did next to nothing for me like I was inconviencing them! My mother and fiance got me up for the first time to walk and use the bathroom and had to hook me back up to everything everytime I did get up! All in all...the important portion of my "stay" was excellent.. surgeon is great and his team and all others involved as well as my night nurse and tech the first night!

SwtHrt,

If you get the chance you need to tactfully let your surgeon know that your post op care left something to be desired. He needs to know how post op care can be improved. As an aside, St Agnes was one of the hospitals that accepted me into their nursing program many years ago along with Johns Hopkins. I ended up in a school in Phoenix, AZ though because that is where my Dad retired from the service. I have to say that my Center was very good and has a dedicated staff (some of whom have had the surgery so they know how you feel and what you need). With all the IV's I was getting up every 30 minutes at one point in time. They never minded helping me or made me feel guilty about the need for assistance. I still had a couple of suggestions for the Program Director which she accepted and said she would take care of. (She even thanked me)

Glad to hear you did well. Keep us posted on your progress. Joy

Back