• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

St. Alexius Newstart Bariatric..St. Louis Missouri

Alioop

Trying to decide on the best surgeon and hospital to use for my gastric bypass in the St. Louis area has taken some time and consideration. I think I have decided on St. Alexius New Start . Has anyone else had surgery using their program/facility...and if so what will you share about your experience...Tx

I used St. Alexius Newstart for my lapband surgery in 2008. Dr. Norbert Richardson was my doctor. I lost 100 lbs. with the lapband but then started having problems. Ended up gaining 75 lbs back and having issues with GERD. My primary doctor recommended Dr. Mario Morales at DePaul Hospital for gastric bypass. He is really nice and explains everything. I would recommend him to anyone. His office staff are very nice, as well. He explained all the different procedures, even drew pictures to show the difference. 2 of my friends have used him, before me. Nothing against Dr. Richardson and At. Alexius. They were nice, as well, but he should have explained the issues from the lapband. Dr. Morales took the lapband out in Aug. last year. Then I had gastric bypass Jan. 10th. Best decision I have made.

I have comparing Dr. Morales (SSM) with Dr. Lehman (St Alexius New Start)..reading reviews etc. What was your experience at Alexius Brother's hospital...nursing staff, accomodations, and overall care ..post op / prep and recovery while in the hospital. Did you feel your needs were met in every way possible ?? Thanks,

I have comparing Dr. Morales (SSM) with Dr. Lehman (St Alexius New Start)..reading reviews etc. What was your experience at Alexius Brother's hospital...nursing staff, accomodations, and overall care ..post op / prep and recovery while in the hospital. Did you feel your needs were met in every way possible ?? Thanks,
St. Alexis staff was very nice and I didn't have any problems there. Yes my needs were met there.

Thank you, Debbie. I appreciate your feedback...it has given me insight on trying to decide which surgeon to use.

Back