• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stalled and can't get the scale moving down.

Hi goldensydney, you will start losing weight again, we all rech these plateaus, it is the body going through lots of changes, when we strart losing weght and increase our protien we also start building up muscle which will help us start burning calories more efficiently. Start measuring your waist, arms and legs so when the scale stops moving you can still see the weight coming off, I nevered used the tape measure I just tried on old cloths that I out grew and watched them start fitting. Hang in there you are doing great so don't worry. However if you are feeling pain or bloating or are just eating more than you should then there meay be something else going on, but that does not seem like the case, or if you had the band you may just need an adjustment. Let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Well it has been awhile since I first expressed my concern for hitting a plateau. I am still on that plateau. I have finally begun my walks again, eat only protien, and am trying to get all that water down. I am stuck on 174.5. I am going to start again with writing down what I eat, which is not a lot. I began drinking coffee, don't know why! Use 0 calorie creamer and low cal sweetner in it. I just don't know where to go from here. I have read all your comments and appreciate them emensly, keep them coming. We don't have any support group in my area and my doctor is 200 miles from where I live.

pam. I soooo understand how you feeli have been stuck between 200-205 for 10 months. the dr said great you have learned to maintain your weight.nooooonoooo that is not my point I want to be maintaining 160. exercise is the only way. it is 60 mi round trip to theY or I would go everyday. As hard as it is I can't gert aymore discouraged or I know I will binge eat on carbs. think I'll have an apple for now. write soon...patti

Hi Patti

Hi Patti, all we can do is to keep trying. I have a friend who is going through the same thing. The scale is going the wrong directon. I think the only way is to get that exercise going and journal everything you eat, don't cheat. Put it all down on paper and then maybe we can see where we are having a problem.

Good Luck

janetarnold

hi how are you feeling now? Hopefully your nauseau and dehydration are past and you are doing better.
Just checking in to see if you are feeling better. When you feel better let us know, praying for healthier days ahead for you.
Donna

I am having issues with getting back on the program after regaining 30 lbs. It is a hard addiction to conquer. My biggest problem is that I work at a desk job all day and am too tired to exercise. Any suggestions??/

Back