• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Started Liquid Diet (having problems).. surgery is Friday & 1 week from today

Debbie S

Hello Everyone!

First off i wanted to say I am excited, nervous, and a little scared. Excited for the new me, nervous of surgery, and scared of me falling off the wagon. However, as bad as i want to be thin I am sure this won't be an issue.

OK.. here is my PROBLEM. I bought Pure Protein and I do NOT like it at all. YUCK. The taste is gross this might be because as of now I can only mix it with water. But worse than the taste, is I am constantly going #2 but its like liquid coming out. Is this normal???? I have a lot of issues but I am curious has this happened to anyone else?

So Friday I get my Vena Cava Filter put in. I have to be at hospital at 6am and surgery is at 8am. Then on Tuesday (May 5) is my Bypass procedure.

Just thought I would give an update.

~Debbie~ :eek:

Hello Everyone!

First off i wanted to say I am excited, nervous, and a little scared. Excited for the new me, nervous of surgery, and scared of me falling off the wagon. However, as bad as i want to be thin I am sure this won't be an issue.

OK.. here is my PROBLEM. I bought Pure Protein and I do NOT like it at all. YUCK. The taste is gross this might be because as of now I can only mix it with water. But worse than the taste, is I am constantly going #2 but its like liquid coming out. Is this normal???? I have a lot of issues but I am curious has this happened to anyone else?

So Friday I get my Vena Cava Filter put in. I have to be at hospital at 6am and surgery is at 8am. Then on Tuesday (May 5) is my Bypass procedure.

Best wishes for your surgery! I had my RNY on 4/14. Sounds like your program is a little different than mine. For my protein mix I am using Syntrax Nectar Sweets. The Chocolate Truffle is my favorite so far. Even mixed with water - it's not bad, but it is better once you can start adding it to milk. It might just be me, but it certainly has not giving me liquid stools.

Hello Everyone!

Good luck with your procedures! Keep us posted!

Protein drinks all taste different. Buy just a few til you taste the brand you want to stick to.

Good luck again!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

I was advised to buy J. Robb... Egg Protein Powder... I mixed this with water and this one really taste much better. However, my stool is still liquid. Maybe its me and my IBS but I only have a few more days and then surgery. I also have purchased the ISOPURE... and OMG I LOVE THEM!!!! I am advising everyone who dislikes the shakes to try these. They come in a lot of flavors. Yesterday I had a Pineapple, Orange, Banana and today I have a Blue Raspberry.

Debbie, I am feeling good. Slightly freaked out because it is going so well actually - LOL. I know that is a nice problem to have, and I am really happy not be having any issues, but it is almost like - did the surgeon actually do anything in there???? :) Best wishes for your surgery!

Debbie, I am feeling good. Slightly freaked out because it is going so well actually - LOL. I know that is a nice problem to have, and I am really happy not be having any issues, but it is almost like - did the surgeon actually do anything in there???? :) Best wishes for your surgery!

Hi ksfarmgal WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Glad you are doing so well!

Cheyenne:cool:

ksfarmgal I am so happy for you. Did the doc just do incisions on your belly? My doc advised me i will have incisions on belly and then one on my left side (a big one) for drainage purposes.

I didn't have a drain, but I do have 5 incisions each about an inch long. My biggest one and the one that was the most sore, is on my right side.

Back