• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Starting to feel real now

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, 6 weeks post op bypass with hernia repair. I'm doing pretty good all things considered, just hungry and a bit weak feeling. I met with my nutritionist today, she gave me a couple ideas to support my level of activity better than I am right now. I work part time so I was able to go back at ten days post op. So far I've lost 20 pounds since the surgery, 55 pounds all together. I'm under 200 now and my goal is another 30 pounds but maybe only 20 depending on how I feel with activity when I get there.
This has been such a transition for me, even being as prepared as I was. I can't imagine doing this without the incredible support I've had around me.

Wow, 6 weeks sounds like an eternity to me, I am barely on my Three, and time flies for me, but since I started doing the Pre-diet/Surgery/Post-Surgery TIME has been so slow!!! the one great positive thing is that my diabetes, high blood pressure, and Sleep Apnea are in remission and that is why I had this surgery...So I can say even though I am barely in my 3rd week...that has been worth it!!
Congratulations on the remission! That is wonderful.

Back