• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Still a lot of pain when moving - Normal?

Kinny09

I am almost 11 days out now from my RNY and still have significant stabbing pain. It's in the general area of where they did the most work (near my largest incision). There's no redness near any of the incisions and no fever, etc. I only feel this sharp/stabbing/pulling pain in this area whenever I move. If I'm perfectly still, nothing at all. It's preventing me from walking and doing the things I really need to be doing right now. I called my surgeon and he said some people just have a lower pain threshold and without other symptoms it doesn't sound like anything else is going on (my bloodwork last friday was normal, etc). I had a barium swallow the day after surgery and that was normal, no leaks, etc. Is this normal to still be feeling this sharp, stabbing pain during any type of movement still after a RNY? Did anyone else feel like this? I'm still taking my Percocet every 4-6 hrs. but that lasts I find barely 1.5 hrs each time...Just want to know how normal this is.

Hello, unfortunately you will have that pain for a while, I had mine almost 4 weeks after my surgery, but you have to walk and move even if it hurts, this will speed up the healing process, I wish you luck on your new journey

Back