• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Still having pain

Chondra

My surgery was 3 weeks ago. I am having a sharp burning pain on the left side of my stomach. It seems to be getting worse. I am also nauseous. I usually have a very high tolerance to pain. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I should be concerned. I did have a lot of old scar tissue removed during my surgery and the surgeon lacerated my liver. I usually bounce back from surgery very quickly.

Chondra,

Pain makes everything more difficult to handle. I experienced pain the first 6 weeks. The additional pain maybe caused by the combination of the gastric surgery and liver laceration. Nevertheless, it is better to have your doctor investigate and confirm your healing process is on the track.

Best regards and speedy recovery
Lillian

My surgery was 3 weeks ago. I am having a sharp burning pain on the left side of my stomach. It seems to be getting worse. I am also nauseous. I usually have a very high tolerance to pain. I'm not sure if this is normal or if I should be concerned. I did have a lot of old scar tissue removed during my surgery and the surgeon lacerated my liver. I usually bounce back from surgery very quickly.
I agree with Lillian. Bring this pain to your doctor's attention.

I also have the same problem, lots of pain on my left side. Been calling the docs all the time because it is very uncomfortable. Hope you feel better.

I also have the same problem, lots of pain on my left side. Been calling the docs all the time because it is very uncomfortable. Hope you feel better.
Since this pain has been going on so long and you are now suffering from nausea, I would contact your doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.

3 months of nausea, no thank you. Glad it is gone. Make sure you call on the pain.
I had the nausea for three months because it took them quite a while to find out I had a very large hiatal hernia. I was miserable. I did get through to them yesterday and got some new pain meds and they seem to be helping, I can move around again which is a good thing, I'm just so tired, I want to sleep.

I had the nausea for three months because it took them quite a while to find out I had a very large hiatal hernia. I was miserable. I did get through to them yesterday and got some new pain meds and they seem to be helping, I can move around again which is a good thing, I'm just so tired, I want to sleep.
I can't believe it took so long for your hernia to be found. That's ridiculous!!! I'm glad you got some new pain med. Hopefully you will continue to see improvement. I hate taking pain meds as they make me feel like a zombie. I see why they don't let you drive the first week after surgery. You're all doped up.

I can't believe it took so long for your hernia to be found. That's ridiculous!!! I'm glad you got some new pain med. Hopefully you will continue to see improvement. I hate taking pain meds as they make me feel like a zombie. I see why they don't let you drive the first week after surgery. You're all doped up.
Yeah I don't like taking the pain meds either, but I had gotten at the point on Tues, I just wanted to scream, it just hurt so bad and it kept getting spasms It was horrible and that finally has calmed down. As far as the hernia, I was calling the docs all the time and back and forth to the ER. They had me on two pills for the nausea and then the hospital added something to coat the stomach and then finally it was test after test and finally they found a very large hiatal hernia, think I told you, half my stomach was up behind my heart and laying on part of my lung so I had a hard time breathing. But hopefully on my way to feeling better.

Yeah I don't like taking the pain meds either, but I had gotten at the point on Tues, I just wanted to scream, it just hurt so bad and it kept getting spasms It was horrible and that finally has calmed down. As far as the hernia, I was calling the docs all the time and back and forth to the ER. They had me on two pills for the nausea and then the hospital added something to coat the stomach and then finally it was test after test and finally they found a very large hiatal hernia, think I told you, half my stomach was up behind my heart and laying on part of my lung so I had a hard time breathing. But hopefully on my way to feeling better.
I hope that you get to feeling better. You poor girl.

Back