• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

StinkerBelle Here

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I am here in my Bariatric Suite
Had my R-N-y first thing morning and feeling pretty darn with the exception of the belly pain due to all the gas they pumped in for the Da Vinchi assited laprascopic Gastri By pass.

I am already munching on ice, sitting up and walking around.

The worst of it all for me so far is the gas pain.. The nausea is from all the belly gas.

I will post tomorrow.

Wow great news. Remember to walk to move the gas. It helped me tremendously when I had my hysterectomy.

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I am here in my Bariatric Suite
Had my R-N-y first thing morning and feeling pretty darn with the exception of the belly pain due to all the gas they pumped in for the Da Vinchi assited laprascopic Gastri By pass.

I am already munching on ice, sitting up and walking around.

The worst of it all for me so far is the gas pain.. The nausea is from all the belly gas.

I will post tomorrow.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad that everything went well!!!

Yippee!!! So happy to hear from you so soon after surgery. You are a strong lady. I'm not gonna tell You to walk the hospital corridors, I'm gonna suggest you boogie your way down those halls. You go girl,were so proud of you.

Good Morning from my room...

I was up walking last night, sitting up and moving about.. My nurses are awesome. I am having an up GI this morning to check for leaks....

My nurse just told me I have some belly sounds starting up which is a good thing..

1 day post op: having a bit more pain which I can equate to menstrual cramps in the upper belly and ribs area.. It is tolerable.
I am looking forward to having a Popsicle and some tea after the upper GI, Yea.

I am lucky, the nurse to patient ratio is excellent.

Ill add more as the day goes on...

Yes I am up walking and moving about..I feel post more nas the day wears on..

Thank you all for the well wishes

Fantastic.

You have begun a new way of life. Stick to it. You probably will find that you need pain meds for about a week and do take them. No need to suffer.

While I was in the surgical ICU immediately post op they gave me some pretty good stuff :).

The first week home I stuck to the program and have done so ever since. It is so important to follow your food guidelines from week 1 thru 4 to assure good healing and also to develop a good habit.

The weight will come off.

You will see plateaus.

You will see nice drops.

Immediately after surgery you will see a weight gain since they probably are going to load you up on fluids to prevent dehydration.

Best wishes,

Ralph

The key to drinking is small frequent sips.. I found that hot tea and hot lemonade made my pouch relax so it was easier to drink.
So far today I have taken in 33 ounces, :).
I found that walking helps to alleviate the muscle pain and the bloating...
The second day post sugery is a tad rough, nothing to worry about and don't be afraid to ask for your pain meds...
Tomorrow I will start on diluted protein shakes...

Ralph thank you for sharing the clear Isopure. My nurse and dietician said that is awesome to have during the clear liquids and shakes phase.....
Talk some more tomorrow..

Sweet Dreams..

Back