• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stomach/Back Ache

bethkanipe

I am 2 years post surgery. Almost everything makes me sick when I eat. I do have an ulcer that I take Protonix for, but recently my stomach hurts all the time. For the past 2 days the pain has radiated into my back. It's constant.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Beth

I am 2 years post surgery. Almost everything makes me sick when I eat. I do have an ulcer that I take Protonix for, but recently my stomach hurts all the time. For the past 2 days the pain has radiated into my back. It's constant.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Beth

Do you still have your gallbladder? I had terrible stomach pain when my gallbladder was acting up. My stomach burnt like it was on fire. Gallbladder problems can cause other problems with your liver. I had a gallstones blocking my liver duct. I would get to the doctor asap. It could be very serious!

Cheyenne

I would see a gastroenterologists and get your ulcer rechecked. There could be a number of things going on inside you.

Take care.

Cheyenne, I do not have my gallbladder any more. But that's the exact kind of pain it feels like. I think you're right Debbie. Probably time to go see someone.

Thanks ladies!

Back