• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

stomach

paula2363

Hi right now I'm on the puree food stage.
How do you know you are full??
yesterday as I was eating, I was getting pain in my lower chest area
It felt like a spasm. Then I vomited and felt better.
Today eating an egg, I felt the same thing I stopped and
a bit later that feeling went away. is that my stomach saying its full???

The uncomfortableness in your diaphragm/chest can be caused by a few things: too much food, not well-chewed food, air pockets, and sometimes food that your body just doesn't seem to like (for no good reason, it seems).

Try not to focus on the physical feeling of fullness, but get in tune with satiation and learn your body signals for when you've had enough. If you are eating to the point you "feel" it, I would say you've had a bite too much. When trying to learn these feelings think in terms of volumes...tablespoons, 1/4 cup, oz, etc, and then eat very slowly and chew very, very well. Stop for a while between bites and give your hunger hormones and your stomach time to react. Don't drink while eating.

the stomach is filled with hormones that cause different effects. In a normal stomach, Grehlin is produced. The more grehlin you make, the more hungry you feel. I know my surgeon did a radical bypass on me, making me far less hungry, even at mealtime.

It's worth researching the stomach and how it works. our stories are unique to our physiology. thats why weight stalls or it seems one person can lose lots of pounds eating the same meal as you.

The Japanese eat until they're 80% full. I think this is genius! By a the time you notice you're full, you're already over full and will feel it in about 10 minutes. So, I try to eat only until I am no longer hungry. If I'm hungry again later, I can always grab a snack.

Back