• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stopped losing weight

Apham

I had my surgery on April 26 2021, (gastric bypass) I'm 6days out and I was losing weight fast but now at a halt. I just started the second phase of the diet where you can have full solids like sugar free pudding, yogurt and stuff. I am also having trouble figuring out how much I should be eating versus drinking and if there are times I should? I have my first post op visit with my surgeon tomorrow but wanted advice. Thanks

It's not unusual. There are a lot of adjustments that first month or so after surgery with inflammation, hydration/dehydration, and just general biological change. Just focus on doing your post-op plan as perfectly as possible. It won't be the last time, nor probably the longest stall you experience. It's part of the process, and everyone experiences it all a bit differently.

Listen to your doctor. All will be well.

721-2cf57a3f3f7493d8f696231499406c23.jpg

There are a bunch of threads on here about that first big stall. We ALL freak out, are sure we're messing it up or the surgery didn't work for us. Long story short .. its' working, be patient. Your goal should be 64 oz of fluid a day. During full liquids, my team said every ounce of intake, even pudding, counted toward that goal. Others have been told only water counts. So that will be up to your team. But try not to worry too much about a few days or even a few weeks with little to no loss. Your body is going through huge changes and occasionally just needs time to adjust.

Back