• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stress

Christine Seese

We are closing (hopefully) on a home on the 31st. We have had a lot of problems crop up with this. This has caused a tremendous amount of stress. Unfortunately, I'm finding myself going back to bad habits and I feel helpless. I'm drinking diet soda, eating until I'm sick and eating out of boredom. These are all things that I thought were in my past. Shows that the surgery doesn't save us from ourselves. We can only save ourselves. Today just happens to be the one day a month that the support group provided by my doctor meets. I haven't gone since my surgery, but I think I'm going to go today. I love everyone here, but hopefully I can get something out of an in person group. If I learn anything new, I will share it.

We are closing (hopefully) on a home on the 31st. We have had a lot of problems crop up with this. This has caused a tremendous amount of stress. Unfortunately, I'm finding myself going back to bad habits and I feel helpless. I'm drinking diet soda, eating until I'm sick and eating out of boredom. These are all things that I thought were in my past. Shows that the surgery doesn't save us from ourselves. We can only save ourselves. Today just happens to be the one day a month that the support group provided by my doctor meets. I haven't gone since my surgery, but I think I'm going to go today. I love everyone here, but hopefully I can get something out of an in person group. If I learn anything new, I will share it.
I leave the house when I start getting stressed about something and walk it off basicly... If I am not near it I won't want it..... It is becoming a habit now... Feel a little stress and I go for a walk, I take my pup at times because she is a good distraction... Hope you find what works for you.....

I leave the house when I start getting stressed about something and walk it off basicly... If I am not near it I won't want it..... It is becoming a habit now... Feel a little stress and I go for a walk, I take my pup at times because she is a good distraction... Hope you find what works for you.....
Thanks Keith. I'm hoping if I actually go to the gym, rather than just thinking about it, will help. Our new house is in a perfect neighborhood for walking, but not so much where we live now.

Christine, I hope the next few days get better. Buying a home even without having gone through surgery is extremely stressfull. I hope the new support group environment helps. Keith made a good suggestion.

Christine, I hope the next few days get better. Buying a home even without having gone through surgery is extremely stressfull. I hope the new support group environment helps. Keith made a good suggestion.
Thanks. The support group was ok. Geared more towards pre op people. Only meets once a month and I'll be on vacation when they have it next month. I agree that Keith's idea is good. I don't live in a neighborhood where it is feasible right now. Will keep it in mind once we move though.

Put an old pic of yourself in the fridge and in the cupboard, so Everytime you open it you see yourself and then make yourself a big cup of hot tea with sweet n low or whatever you use, find a quiet place to drink it, it Should help with the stress, you can also read a book, that helps take your mind off of everything and everyone and it won't add calories, at meal time cut down on what you make so you don't get tempted to eat more,only put on your plate what you should and walk away, remember to chew chew chew, so your belly has a chance to catch up with your brain and let it know when you are full, you got this girl, and remember you don't want to have to put on your big girl panties ever again

Put an old pic of yourself in the fridge and in the cupboard, so Everytime you open it you see yourself and then make yourself a big cup of hot tea with sweet n low or whatever you use, find a quiet place to drink it, it Should help with the stress, you can also read a book, that helps take your mind off of everything and everyone and it won't add calories, at meal time cut down on what you make so you don't get tempted to eat more,only put on your plate what you should and walk away, remember to chew chew chew, so your belly has a chance to catch up with your brain and let it know when you are full, you got this girl, and remember you don't want to have to put on your big girl panties ever again
Thanks for the cheerleading and ideas, Tracy. You are proof that online support can be better than in person sometimes. I did find out, when I went to the meeting, that there is a 5 day diet plan to get you back on track and tighten up your stomach again. I start the diet tomorrow. Protein shakes, broth and cream soups, here I come. For now I will print off my before picture and put it on the fridge!!!

Picture is on the fridge. Made me realize I need to quit wearing my way too big sweatshirts. They make me look like the picture. I have leggings and skinny jeans that I wear, so my bottom half is starting to look smaller. Now to get rid of these big girl panties. ;)

Picture is on the fridge. Made me realize I need to quit wearing my way too big sweatshirts. They make me look like the picture. I have leggings and skinny jeans that I wear, so my bottom half is starting to look smaller. Now to get rid of these big girl panties. ;)
Great, and yes, we both need to get rid of those big girl panties, this evening on my way back from the store I was thinking, I am really hungry, and was thinking of what I could eat and my mind went to not so good food, I then looked at the clock and realized it was past my normal supper time and that was why, I also realized how easy it would have been to come home and eat the things I thought about, luckly I thought about it before I got here and decided to eat some chicken and veggies and rice, I feel good knowing that I made a good choice,but worried that I could have slipped up so easily, we are all human, mistakes happen, so now I sit here with a hot cup of tea, it really does help, you are going to get on track and I am going to stay on track, we really do need each other to get through this, it's not an easy thing, but we can do it

Great, and yes, we both need to get rid of those big girl panties, this evening on my way back from the store I was thinking, I am really hungry, and was thinking of what I could eat and my mind went to not so good food, I then looked at the clock and realized it was past my normal supper time and that was why, I also realized how easy it would have been to come home and eat the things I thought about, luckly I thought about it before I got here and decided to eat some chicken and veggies and rice, I feel good knowing that I made a good choice,but worried that I could have slipped up so easily, we are all human, mistakes happen, so now I sit here with a hot cup of tea, it really does help, you are going to get on track and I am going to stay on track, we really do need each other to get through this, it's not an easy thing, but we can do it
Congrats on being strong. It is way too easy to go falling off the bandwagon. My head is killing me while I detox from the soda. I had gone without one in over a month. Now I've got to start again.

Try renting a comedy show. Laughing is a good distraction. We are doing a reset together. I'm not getting enough water in so I'm going back to mostly protein drinks. I'm almost going to bed and have only got 32 ounces in today.

Back