• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Struggling

Hi Dee, I'm doing ok, how about you sweetie? I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. On Wednesday. I got your private message and put your info in my phone. I hope you get my message that I sent to you. We can call each other while we're recovering :). Good luck Dee. Have fun with the bowel prep, lol. I know not funny. Remember, I'm doing it too, lol. You gotta laugh, right? I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday. Speedy recovery Dee. Okay? Talk to you soon.

Nisey==Well this is it!! My last pre RNY day ever!! I am doing OK. Clear liquids only today and at 3 PM I start the bowel prep==Ha Ha!! You are right=Gotta laugh about that one! I have to be at the hospital at 8:00 am on 6-23-2015. I am glad you got my private message. I am still learning to work some of the functions on this website!! It will be nice to talk to you because no matter what we will always be in the same place in all of this!! I think I am all ready for this and am more than a little nervous!! How are you doing with the protein shakes? I hope a little better!! Do you have to do clear liquids the day before surgery too? I will be thinking of you on Wednesday!! Wishing you well and hoping this will be a breeze for both of us. We are going to be so much better having this done!

Dee

Hi Dee, I keep getting second thoughts but then I tell myself I know I'm doing the right thing for me. I'm doing okay on the protein shakes. I still don't like them but I'm drinking them. I can drink water up until 4 hours before surgery. The day before surgery I'm supposed to drink my protein shakes like normal. Sorry if I sound a little funny. It's really early in the morning. I'm really tired. I'm nervous for both of us. I want normal food, lol. Oh man. Sorry this is a venting post, lol. I wish you all the best during and after your surgery. Speedy recovery. I'll talk with you soon. Good luck sweetie.

Nisey=No second thoughts honey!! We are going to DO this and we are going to be the 6 million dollar women--Built way better than before!! We can do this!! I am pretty nervous. They added on a surgery now before me so I dont have to be at the hospital until 9:30 tomorrow. Oh goody! I can sleep in! Not!! I will be lucky if I sleep tonight!! I go to OR at 11:00 am. They said they would call if it changes again. Man I hope not. I want it early in the day so I can come home on Wednesday. I have to do clear liquids all day today and I am now doing a Miralax prep instead of Mag Citrate. I had Mag Citrate once before and didnt go much. So I called and asked if I could do Miralax. It just works better for me. I start that bowel prep at 3 PM today. I am looking forward to the day when I can have real food too. Man a bowl of Malto-meal sounds pretty dang good right now!! He He. Or maybe some sugar free pudding... Speedy recovery to you too! I will be thinking of you on Wednesday!! I hope I can go home that day!! MD said since they are doing the partial gastrectomy I might be in 2 days but I hope not. I can never sleep in the hospital!! I cant wait for it to all be over and for me to be in my own little house again!! I will miss my kitties. Take Care Sweetie! Keep on drinking your protein shakes!! ;-)

Dee

Dee, im sorry they changed the time on you. That has to be hard for you. Now you have to wait longer. My husband asked me last night if I wanted to really do this because he said there is a lot more than just the diet it's the mental part, the thinking we're better than everyone else, which that is far from my mind. You know all the adjustments we have to make. My point is, he wanted to know if I really wanted to go through with this. I told him I have to. My life depends on it. He has been behind me 100%. Thank God. Enough about my stuff. You go get 'em. When you can, contact me either call me or email me or go through here. I want to hear how your surgery went okay? I will keep drinking my protein shakes, I promise. By the way my name is Denise Fernandes. I forgot to tell you that in my private message I sent to you :)

Nisey=Hi! Running to the bathroom a LOT==I will be glad when this part is done. No more gardening for me today. I am glad your husband is so sweet and supportive. It sounds like your entire family is behind you. That is so nice! My husband is too. He just wants me to feel healthy again. I will probably call you after surgery and let you know how I am doing. You may or may not be able to answer depending on where you are with things that day!! What time is your surgery on 6-24?

Talk to you later!

Dee

Dee, sounds like you're really busy. My surgery is supposed to be at 8:00 a.m. My check in is at 7:30. I know I'll get there early because I live kinda far away from the hospital. I'm not going to enjoy the drive home, guaranteed,lol. It's going to hurt. How far are you from the hospital? I'll try to answer if I can but I can't promise you anything sweetie. I'm probably going into hibernation mode for the day. Text me though and I will try and text you back okay? When I get nervous I shut down. Nothing personal. I'm just really scared and nervous at this point and I try to focus on what is happening to me at the time. Do text me though when you feel well enough. I want to hear all about it, okay? Good luck sweetie :)

Nisey=Prep is settling down finally and I am thinking of going to bed soon. I am reading a book I cant put down. With MANY ahem--Interruptions... Or should I say eruptions!! Sheesh.. This part most definitely is NOT fun. I will be thinking of you tomorrow afternoon and evening my friend!! I didnt get too much gardening done between the rain and my prep. I would say I had 45 minutes from when I started drinking the Gatorade and Miralax and then it was action time!! I live about 45 minutes from the hospital. Not too bad. Yours must be first case==that is good. Then you dont have to worry about the persone before you going over like I might have to. Oh well--It will still get done!! I will try to text you or call you tomorrow evening. Take Care and try not to be too nervous OK?

Dee

Dee, I hope you're doing well this morning. I'll be thinking of you today. Contact me by text sweetie please. That way is best. You'll be too tired to talk on the phone and I'll be on the throne a lot. Just to let me know you're alright. Okay? I'm glad I found you on Facebook. That was cool. Have a safe trip to the hospital and best wishes on a safe surgery and recovery sweetie. Talk with you soon. Oh, I think I'm the second surgery of the day. If I remember him checking the book, he had one before me. Take care dear. Talk soon. :)

I didn't have to have a bowel prep for my gastric sleeve. Wow! didn't know with the rny you had to have a bowel prep! Thank goodness I went with the sleeve, had it done on June 15th, have lost 12 lbs. in 10 days. I've been cleared to swim, hike, bike, etc.. Eating small bites os soft foods and going to try meats next week. Hang in there, it will only get better. Good luck and stay healthy.

Hi Dee, I hope you're well. I had my surgery June 24, 2015. I am healing very well. I'm still really sore but I can get up pretty good. I didn't have any nausea. I'm still having pain to where I need my pain Meds but not too bad. I hope you are doing well. Let me know how your surgery went okay. Take care sweetie :)

Back