• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Struggling

Lori W

I'm almost three weeks post op...
Had gastric bypass. I feel like crap I'm having issues getting in enough water and food. Going through a bit of depression as well. I'm losing weight but I feel as though it's happening in a unhealthy way. Still dealing with pain issues also.....not sleeping well. Hopefully I start doing better.

I'm almost three weeks post op...
Had gastric bypass. I feel like crap I'm having issues getting in enough water and food. Going through a bit of depression as well. I'm losing weight but I feel as though it's happening in a unhealthy way. Still dealing with pain issues also.....not sleeping well. Hopefully I start doing better.

Congrats on your new journey, the first few months are hard, I agree! But you can do this! As your health improves through healing from the surgery you will adjust with the intakes of food and water until you figure out what works best for you. Everyone is different but so many have the same initial problems that work out over time as the body adjusts to what it needs. Best of luck and I hope you start feeling better and sleeping better soon!

Congrats on your new journey, the first few months are hard, I agree! But you can do this! As your health improves through healing from the surgery you will adjust with the intakes of food and water until you figure out what works best for you. Everyone is different but so many have the same initial problems that work out over time as the body adjusts to what it needs. Best of luck and I hope you start feeling better and sleeping better soon!
Thank you so much for your comment. Some days I feel like I made a huge mistake. Your kind words gave me hope! Thanks again!☺

I thought the same thing after surgery, but now I am down about 115 lbs and it was definitely worth it, someday soon you will feel that way too, good luck

Thank you so much for your comment. Some days I feel like I made a huge mistake. Your kind words gave me hope! Thanks again!☺
I feel the same way. I often say I hate I did it but I guess that’s the mental part of it. I know it will get better but the waiting is hard. But it is not easy.

One of the best things we can do for ourselves is to get 30 minutes of walking in not ohhhh I did a bunch around the house and got my steps nope 30 minutes of walking outside you can do 3 10 minute walks if you want as long as it comes out to 30 minutes a day. One of the things that I wish the bariatric world was more telling about is that so much of our serotonin is found in our stomachs and when we have surgery it disrupts the flow of the feel goods. We can get through it but it can be hard and it adds to the issues we have in the first three months. If you still struggle I suggest checking in with a therapist (no I am not suggesting meds) I am suggesting a therapist who can help you along the way.

Back