• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

struggling

Dannyk

I'm n! ew to the group and I'm Struggling. Had my surgery on 7/11 my wait was weight was 241 today I'm 216. But now all of my Cravings are back. I have no in-home support and sick tofu tuna and chicken breast Help

Hey Danny, you can do this! Change up what your eating for starters, maybe it's time to try fish or stew? Maybe try a new tuna or chicken recipe? You might clean out your cupboards and stock them full of healthy snacks, that helped me a lot. I bought a basket that houses fresh veggies and fruit so I see them daily to remind me of my goals. Have you looked into alternatives for the things your craving? Like, if it's chocolate, you could have a small handful of dark chocolate chips, etc. Anyway, I hope your able to work through this and stay on track!

I'm n! ew to the group and I'm Struggling. Had my surgery on 7/11 my wait was weight was 241 today I'm 216. But now all of my Cravings are back. I have no in-home support and sick tofu tuna and chicken breast Help
I am new too, just had my surgery 4 days ago. Finding the all liquid diet hard. I want to chew something. Anyone have any suggestions??

First off, congrats on your weight loss so far. Sorry your cravings are back. Have you tried a sugar free treat like jello? For foods have you tried lean beef or pork? I know I couldn’t survive on only tuna or chicken.

Have you tried sugar free jello or popsicles? They melt down to liquid.
The nutritionist said no jello for three weeks. Only the full liquid diet. I am going to go to the store tomorrow for some popsicles. Had 8 oz of tomato soup for dinner. That was my hours worth of liquid. Is seedless cucumbers pureed good?

The nutritionist said no jello for three weeks. Only the full liquid diet. I am going to go to the store tomorrow for some popsicles. Had 8 oz of tomato soup for dinner. That was my hours worth of liquid. Is seedless cucumbers pureed good?
I like cucumber any way that I can get it. That sucks about the jello. It really helped me. I was only on liquids for a week too. I don’t think I would have handled 3 weeks. You poor thing. :(

Back