• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Super fun NSV

3momchaos

There’s a place in St.Louis called the City Museum and I’ve attached a link to a drone video. It is not a typical museum. It’s basically like a massive indoor/outdoor playground. I used to go a lot, but haven’t been in probably 10 years. Today I took my 10 year old son and we had a blast!! I didn’t stop for 2 hours. I climbed, crawled, ran, slid, did the 10 story slide (twice), and just had an overall amazing time. I would not have the energy or the ability to go through this place without the surgery. I’m exhausted and I’ll have lots of bruises popping up over the next couple days, but it was so worth it. We’re going back as a family in a couple weeks and we’re doing the roof top attractions then.

What a beautiful day with your son!

I used to think that my weight problem was just that... MY weight problem. I never considered how my weight affected the people I loved. My girls are grown now, and I hate thinking about how many experiences like this that I missed with them because of my weight!

This is a memory that you and your son will cherish forever! All this hard work and sacrifice will give your family as much as it has given you, and more! I am sure they are all very proud of you! Well done!

The City Museum does have a time for adults and there are bars. Here are my pretty war wounds. I’ll bubble wrap them next time LOL

Back