• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Supplements

I still use the supplements that were recommended by my program, and probably always will. I do not want to research how much of each vitamin I need nor do I
I want to take a million pills. For the bypass they recommended 4 chewable per day. Hubs had the sleeve and he takes 2. My program sells them at the office for less than retail. Since we both have to take them I've been buying 6 months worth at a time, saving myself an extra $2 a bottle lol

i am taking bariatric mutivitamins from ambari nutrition. you just take them once a day and then i take 2 calcium chews. i have been using this brand for years now. they work great and i have had no issues with my labs. another thing i like is that they are not super expensive and you only have to take one. right now they cost $19.99 for a 3 month supply. other bariatric vitamins you are paying much more.

Has anyone used any of the supplements sold on this site? Any suggestions on what works well with gastric bypass and getting back on track?
Hello Stitchlove, I have always used Bariatric Fusion, I take two chewables in the morning and at night, they were recommended by the team. I do not take any other supplements. They are a bit pricey like 26.95 for a bottle of 120. I normally get 6 bottles (at a discount) and they last about 6 months. Just had my 6 month blood work and everything is perfect. My levels are great! I guess it averages out for the price because you do not have to buy extra vitamins. I will let someone else do the math. Good luck!!!

I still use the supplements that were recommended by my program, and probably always will. I do not want to research how much of each vitamin I need nor do I
I want to take a million pills. For the bypass they recommended 4 chewable per day. Hubs had the sleeve and he takes 2. My program sells them at the office for less than retail. Since we both have to take them I've been buying 6 months worth at a time, saving myself an extra $2 a bottle lol
I do want to underscore a few things. Taking supplements is a personal choice, as is the assortment of supplements. Each person has a different medical recommendation. Supplements can be wisely linked to a CBC, as how they are absorbed into your body is the whole point of taking them.

I didn't have a program since I had surgery 14 years ago. I was part of a federal study, but they simply tracked me to find out what was working or what was deficient. Missy's choice is based on her personal feeling, which I respect. But it wouldn't work for me. Ask your doc or nutritionist.

I know anemia has been a longterm problem for me, so I have to supplement with iron. And some vitamins and minerals, taken too close together, can cancel each other out.

But there's one thing I believe, based on research and science: it's nearly impossible to get nutritional content that works to sustain your health from food alone. Bottom line, no matter what position you embrace: let your medical team assess you and recommend what you should supplement.

I'd rather take no supplements, but I know my diet is hit and miss. My nutritional supplements are the same every day, and that make me feel a lot of comfort.

I wanted to add one thing: this is a support group, not a nutritional guidance group. You can ask members what they do to supplement, but it may not be appropriate for you to do what they do. Really, it's so important to follow actual medical guidelines based on an examination of you.

Back