• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Support and Questions

Becky Sanchez

I have not had surgery and am wondering how many of you have had success with weight loss just eating and drinking the bariatric food products without surgery. I would appreciate hearing from any of you, both success stories that way or struggles.
Thank you,
Becky

Thank you for your answer, Jennifer. :)
Do you know anyone who has lost a large amount of weight without surgery but on these foods and drinks?
Becky
In the 2 weeks I was on the shakes I lost 15 lbs. as for people losing a large amount of weight on the Bariatric items, I met a lady at my doc's office who lost 30 lbs in 90 days. She's the only person I've met who was on the products more than 2 weeks.

Hello Becky, I am one of the forum's administrators and also work for www.bariatricfoodsource.com. I can tell you honestly that we get people calling all the time telling us that they've lost 100+ pounds using only weight loss products in addition to a low calorie diet, so I just want to let you know that it is possible ;) If you are able to stick with the weight loss products, I really believe you can lose a large amount of weight! Remember, it's always important to speak with your doctor first before starting any diet though :)

I have not had surgery and am wondering how many of you have had success with weight loss just eating and drinking the bariatric food products without surgery. I would appreciate hearing from any of you, both success stories that way or struggles.
Thank you,
Becky
It's a great way to jump start your weight-loss regimen, but if you have a large appetite and eat high carbs and intake a lot of sugar, perhaps the surgery would help you to deter from those food items and train your mind and body to eat much less and abstain from eating the bad carbs, the high sugar items. I personally know that after my RNY Gastric Bypass procedure, my body rejected those food items and assisted me with losing the amount of weight necessary for a healthy and productive life.

Back