• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Support and suggestions

Hi Laura,

Like Ralph I didn't have to wait the 6 month period but, like everyone else said the time will fly I had my surgery 2 weeks tomorrow. I still can't believe it was here and done. I had a few difficulties but, I am doing much better now. Still working on getting all of my fluids in but, I am getting there. Good luck and keep us posted.

TillieS

Lol Not an "old heifer" though. Wow 1.5 miles in under 5 minutes, you must be power walking! Is belly dancing fun?

I start my belly dancing classes after my March 5 post surgical(gallbladder) re-check. I have always loved to dance. I was in ballet and jazz for almost 15 years as a kid.

I reached a point with my weight and size that I was to embarrassed to continue....

I love walking and yes I am "power" walking... LOL

My dog Buggles (13 pound Boston Terrier / Pug mix) loves to power walk as well. We have bells on her collar and she just prances right ahead of me with her lil bells just a tinkling along..

Hey,

What were your difficulties? I am glad to hear that you are doing much better! I just hope that I don't get all hyped up now and then slack off before surgery. BCBS requires that I do this 6 month wait. I'm nervous because my job said that they may switch insurances in June. I pray that I do not have to start my 6 month wait over after being 4 months in.

Ha ha cute! Well I'm glad that you gave yourself a chance to get back into something that you seem to love. Belly dancing seems interesting, who knows what I will get myself into once I shrink. lol

Back