• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Support Group

Hey guys! I'm new to the group. I've not had surgery. I've completed all of my pre-certifications. The only thing I'm missing is my 2 support groups. Due to covid and my city having two hurricanes back to back honestly it's tiring because we don't even have support groups available. Maybe I'm just over looking it but I just needed to vent.

It is unfortunate that your area has no groups available, even to Zoom. My program does have a Zoom support group, but they meet on Wednesday afternoons, while I am at work. So, I joined THIS support group. I highly recommend us lol I just think it's super important to have a group where you feel seen and can discuss WLS specific issues with people who have gone through or are going through the same things. So I hope you stick around. And congratulation on completing all your necessary pre-certs.

It is unfortunate that your area has no groups available, even to Zoom. My program does have a Zoom support group, but they meet on Wednesday afternoons, while I am at work. So, I joined THIS support group. I highly recommend us lol I just think it's super important to have a group where you feel seen and can discuss WLS specific issues with people who have gone through or are going through the same things. So I hope you stick around. And congratulation on completing all your necessary pre-certs.
Thank you so much! Google brought me to ya'll and I'm starting to think it was for a reason. It seems as though ya'll are a family and encourage each other on here!

Welcome Jazzabella! I found this group the same way and for the same reason as you. I wish mine did zoom too but they don't I've been here a few months now and I'm finding this group to be very helpful and think you will too. Sorry you have had the hurricanes to deal with and hope that is the last of them. Do you need support group attendance to satisfy your insurance company? My bariatric center puts out a blog in lieu of the support group when people are unable to attend so I wonder if yours has something like that. Anyway, I wish you luck in your journey and hope we hear more from you!

Welcome! I’m almost 2 weeks post op from bypass. I started here in January at the very beginning of my WLS journey. I’ve found a lot of support here. The setbacks you’re going through are so frustrating, and I’m sorry that you’re having to deal with them. Hopefully you’ll be able to have your surgery soon.

Back