• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery date 08/26/14

skylar

I am having the sleeve on 8-26-14. Worried about not being able to stay on all liquid diets. Any hints? Also, wher can i find the spell check on here Thanks

I am having the sleeve on 8-26-14. Worried about not being able to stay on all liquid diets. Any hints? Also, wher can i find the spell check on here Thanks

Hi Skylar, WELCOME to the Forum!!!

How long does your surgeon require that you be on a liquid diet? Every surgeon is different. Mine required a liquid diet 3 days before surgery and one week after surgery. After surgery was easy for me because I didn't feel hungry then anyway. Some people on this forum were on a liquid diet for as much as a month before surgery. It all depends on the surgeon. If you don't feel you can be on a liquid diet as long as your surgeon wants then call other surgeons and see what their rules are. There are many roads that lead to Rome.

Good luck,

Cheyenne

Looking back over your post, looks like you are having surgery in 11 days. You probably won't want to look for a different surgeon. The most you would have a liquid diet is 10 days. After surgery is a whole different ballgame because your tummy will be cut to be much smaller and you probably won't have a problem with the liquid diet at that time.

Cheyenne

I was on a liquid diet one week prior of having surgery and after the surgery I was only on water and protien drinks for two weeks, didn't bother me because I wasn't hungry I am on food now and I eat very little! it is amazing! I am only 3 weeks and 3 days post op, hang in there Skylar it gets easier, the reason you are on a liquid diet is to shrink your liver so hang in there you can do it!

Back