• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Date Coming Soon

My surgery date is fast approaching sept 22 at Marion medical Center. I start my 2 week liver shrinking diet on sept 7. Any advice would be appreciated THANK YOU!!!

l_mahnesmith,

My surgery date is September 8th. My surgeon only required one week of the liver shrinking diet (thank goodness) and I started that today, in the middle of a holiday. To combat the headaches and overall tired feeling, try bouillion (spelling) cubes dissolved in water. Don't ask me why they work but they do. I forgot mine today and I am not feeling my best. But in the end it will all be worth this particular period. Hopefully someone else will chime in with how they managed through this part. I need the motivation too.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. You are almost there!
Pat

I just do the Swanson's low sodium chicken broth taste very good maybe give that a try. I have all the basics here now sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello, water, gatorade, propel so very well set to go. Also my surgeon told me if I couldnt keep full on just liquids I could havd 3oz of fish 1 cup of veggies and 1 cup of salad with 2 tbsp fat free salad dressing hope this helps talk to ya again soon keep me updated on your progress. and good luck!!! :)

Larry

Back