• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery date set!

So I had surgery yesterday. Everything went great! Today, I'm working on drinking plenty of liquids so I can go home. The pain isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I sure am tired though!
Of course the pain med they give you while in the hospital help.. LOL Glad everything went well... stay in contact and lets us know how everything is going... Best of luck

Thanks, you too! I'm getting ready to go to my appointment soon. Fingers crossed we get to move on cuz I'm done with these shakes lol
Don't think of them the shakes. Shake are good for you w
Of course the pain med they give you while in the hospital help.. LOL Glad everything went well... stay in contact and lets us know how everything is going... Best of luck
Best Wishes!!! You are on your way...

I'm on my way to my post-op appointment. I hope I get some good news. Good luck with your appointment, I hope you have progressed to the next stage.

Yes! you are on your way...not only to your post-op appointment, you are on the way to a new way of living. I'm so excited for you keep up the good work.

Best wishes and keep us post.

Great news I've now advanced to the soft foods!! My "first meal" was some scrambled eggs lol. I also got to stop taking my blood pressure medicine. The only bad news so far I got from my rheumatologist-my liver enzymes are high. Quite an interesting journey so far. Thanks everyone!

Great news I've now advanced to the soft foods!! My "first meal" was some scrambled eggs lol. I also got to stop taking my blood pressure medicine. The only bad news so far I got from my rheumatologist-my liver enzymes are high. Quite an interesting journey so far. Thanks everyone!
Wonderful!!!
Remember... ONE BITE AT A TIME... ONE POUND AT A TIME and ONE DAY AT A TIME... You are on your way...
Keep us posted and keep on smiling!!!

Scrambled eggs was my first meal too,lol!!! While I have not come off the blood pressure medications, I was told my diabetes is in remission and I've been taken off my meds for diabetes,YAY!!! I love my journey so far!

Scrambled eggs was my first meal too,lol!!! While I have not come off the blood pressure medications, I was told my diabetes is in remission and I've been taken off my meds for diabetes,YAY!!! I love my journey so far!
That is good new! Congratulations! I'm happy to say that I don't have any of the craving I used to at this point. In fact, I usually don't even feel hungry. I've experienced a few episodes of vomiting already. Not sure if it was dumping or just that my pouch didn't like it. Either way, I'm learning!

Back