• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Dec 11th

deena212

I am excited and anxious to have this over. But scared, too. I often wish it was a year from now. lol

ME Too!!!

My surgery was just scheduled this morning for December 11th. I am nervous excited anxious. It sucks that my liquid diet has to start the day before thanksgiving though!!!

How exciting for both of you. Think about how much you have to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. Maybe it will make it easier to know you can't have anything, rather than be tempted. Good luck.

Best wishes to both of you..... my surgery is in 90+ days. Looking forward to learning about your experience. Take care.

yeah, but.........

My surgery was just scheduled this morning for December 11th. I am nervous excited anxious. It sucks that my liquid diet has to start the day before thanksgiving though!!!

Too True. But, that is just for this year. Next year, you can enjoy the feast... within reason.

Good luck to you as well. Hope we can help each other thru this.

I just received my date also, Dec. 13, and I am feeling excited and scared. Hope all goes well for both us and we receive the results we are working for. ;)

Don't worry I'm in the same boat. My surgery is December 10th. I to am excited, nervous !!! I know it's all worth it to live longer and b healthier !!! Good LUCK to each of us !! Keep us posted !

Yeah!

I just received my date also, Dec. 13, and I am feeling excited and scared. Hope all goes well for both us and we receive the results we are working for. ;)

It is an exciting time! I hope all goes well for all of us. Have you stocked up on puddings and shakes? If not, don't forget to start out with samples from everywhere you can get them. Sometimes they cost a little bit (about $20), but it is sure better than getting a lot of something you can not tolerate!

Good luck!

Best Wishes! Your surgery date will be here before you know it! I am so glad that I had the sleeve surgery and I'm sure you'll do great with the RnY! If you follow your surgeon and dieticians advice, you'll do great. I'm not very good about exercising, but I have more energy and I can walk without losing my breath. The surgery is well worth it!

Okieatheart. I see you had the sleeve almost six months ago and have lost a lot of weight! Congratulations!! I hope you forgive me for getting too personal and of course you don't have to reply but I've been trying to decide the best surgery for my needs. Now the personal question. If you had/have Diabetes before surgery do you still have to take medications? I know a person never gets rid of Diabetes once diagnosed but they can improve their health risks and complications and reduce or eliminate the need for med with the bypass and sleeve. The sleeve is not documented yet to its efficacy and so I'm hoping to find out from those who have had the sleeve how it worked with them.
I hope you're not offended I just want to make the right choice. I chose the sleeve because I have arthritis and I can continue taking Motrin and other meds if I have sleeve.

I am not a pudding fan but I have a huge overstock of baby food and since I have been working on getting the surgery I have been trying almost everything I give my son before I put his oatmeal in it except the peas (bleck black ugh) and the green beans because they don't look good. Almost everything I have tried is pretty good.

Deena,
Sorry it has been so long. Looks like you are doing great. How is it going?

I am going through good stages and some where I feel weak. But on the whole I am doing super. I am giving my old cloths to the homeless and shopping at Goodwill since I do not stay in sizes very long.

The Profile still says I a 232 but I am down to 152.

Last edited:
Wow! you are doing great! Keep up the good work. you are really close to your goal!

I am down to 170 and still losing little by little. Not really trying, but still happy. I still eat too fast sometimes and throw up, but I'm really trying to get it under control. So unsatisfied with the way my skin just hangs there, and unable to afford to do anything about it.

But, overall, very happy I did the surgery and work out. Loving my new clothes and shopping the way you do. It's good to lose all that weight.

Keep up the good work!

Back