• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Done and Feeling Great!

First of all, thank you everybody for your encouraging words before my surgery last week. I was scheduled for 7:30 am, the first surgery of the day for my Dr.into the After the surgery My stomach was sore and my pain level was tolerable, but I know I was on a pain Rx IV and I had a patch behind my ear. As many of you know, I was very worried about my age having this operation. I originally was told that I'd be there overnight, but ended up staying an extra night due to my not drinking enough liquid. I was conscious of this but the food (liquid died) was terrible. I went for my first Dr post op visit on Monday and the scale went down 12 lbs. My Dr. said that I was doing above the normal and he had no problems with my surgery. I have to go back in one month. The Nutritianist called me to go over the Week 2 diet and said that if I don't have any problems this week to start the two week next phase diet on next Monday. So far, I haven't had any problems, hopefully that will continue. I am very tired and sometimes take a nap. Also, I started walking. Not far, but a few blocks to start.

Roseann, it is so good to hear from you. I had my surgery on Wednesday. I am so happy. No pain, not even the dreaded gas pain. Ice chips the first day until they did the upper GI to be sure there were no leaks and all the new plumbing worked well. That was fun to watch, how the food travels through the new routes. From clear liquids today I add All Liquids for 4 days which includes anything to drink. Doc says no scotch tho... lol

Glad to hear you're walking. Congrats on the 12 pound loss!!

Roseann, it is so good to hear from you. I had my surgery on Wednesday. I am so happy. No pain, not even the dreaded gas pain. Ice chips the first day until they did the upper GI to be sure there were no leaks and all the new plumbing worked well. That was fun to watch, how the food travels through the new routes. From clear liquids today I add All Liquids for 4 days which includes anything to drink. Doc says no scotch tho... lol

Glad to hear that your surgery is behind you now. Only healing and good things ahead. I , too had to have a GI series before I was given any food (liquid) on Day 2. I passed the test and a tray of tasteless broth, water, orange jello, lemon ice and decaf tea.I ended up staying an extra day at the hospital because I had a very hard time drinking those items. But, at least, I didn't have the dreaded gas pains, which I was grateful for. My roommate and I walked around the floor dragging our IV machines with us! (G) I was on a clear liquid diet the first week and this week liquid (no scotch, tho) diet with yogurt, cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, small amounts and 3 protein shakes a day and pureed soup. On Monday, I go on the pureed diet for 2 weeks. Hopefully, it'll be uneventful like so far. I hope you have smooth sailing too. I'm also trying to get in a little walking. Take care and good luck.

First of all, thank you everybody for your encouraging words before my surgery last week. I was scheduled for 7:30 am, the first surgery of the day for my Dr.into the After the surgery My stomach was sore and my pain level was tolerable, but I know I was on a pain Rx IV and I had a patch behind my ear. As many of you know, I was very worried about my age having this operation. I originally was told that I'd be there overnight, but ended up staying an extra night due to my not drinking enough liquid. I was conscious of this but the food (liquid died) was terrible. I went for my first Dr post op visit on Monday and the scale went down 12 lbs. My Dr. said that I was doing above the normal and he had no problems with my surgery. I have to go back in one month. The Nutritianist called me to go over the Week 2 diet and said that if I don't have any problems this week to start the two week next phase diet on next Monday. So far, I haven't had any problems, hopefully that will continue. I am very tired and sometimes take a nap. Also, I started walking. Not far, but a few blocks to start.
I'm so thrilled for you Roseanne, it's finally over and time to start your new life. :)

Yay!!! I'm really happy for you, welcome to the other side. :D

Back