• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery on April 4th!

I’m so excited for my surgery coming up! I have a question though. I’m an emotional eater. What will it feel like to be full but want to eat my feelings? Has anyone gone through this?

Cool side effect of the bypass is you don't have hunger for 1 - 2 years after surgery. Would that be enough time for you to level out your emotional eating and find a more positive outlet for working off your emotions? I turn to exercise now, I dance in the water 5 days a week and love it. I don't think about food, it doesn't consume my thoughts, mainly I'm guessing because I haven't had any hunger now for nearly 8 months. I'm also a crafter, so I turn to creating things as well. It will be weird when and if I actually get hungry again! I think you will be successful and you can find a positive outreach and move on from the emotional eating with this surgery! Best wishes!

Thank you:) I am also a crafter. I make quilts and blankets and have done a little bit of work with yarn as well. I am thinking that I will do more things like that. I love water zumba! Thank you for your uplifting words.

Back