• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery real soon!

Hi everyone,

My name is Jan and I will be having Bariatric Sleeve surgery next month. I'm ready but would like some of everyone's wisdom if I may. Please tell me the best protein shake to buy and the best vitamins (name brands). Still need to get them in my house. Also, after surgery and while starting to lose so much weight, are you in the bathroom a good deal of the time peeing it out? Would also like to know how to prevent any sagging skin. What are the best exercises to do? Has anyone joined the YMCA for exercise, and has anyone found any programs for exercise that are free if you live on a very limited budget, are disabled and have no insurance? I thank you all in advance for your information. Jan

Hi everyone,

My name is Jan and I will be having Bariatric Sleeve surgery next month. I'm ready but would like some of everyone's wisdom if I may. Please tell me the best protein shake to buy and the best vitamins (name brands). Still need to get them in my house. Also, after surgery and while starting to lose so much weight, are you in the bathroom a good deal of the time peeing it out? Would also like to know how to prevent any sagging skin. What are the best exercises to do? Has anyone joined the YMCA for exercise, and has anyone found any programs for exercise that are free if you live on a very limited budget, are disabled and have no insurance? I thank you all in advance for your information. Jan

Hi Jan WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

If you sip, sip, sip your water as you should you will be peeing a lot. The fat is flushed out with your urine so that's a very good thing.

The best thing I have found to help your skin is pure Aragan Oil. My arms and back of my hands and my face had wrinkled skin as I was losing weight. Aragon oil smoothed my skin out and improved it immensely. My daughter brought me home some replenishing oil and it was good but imagine my surprise to find out it's main ingredient was Mineral Oil which is cheap, so I may just get me a bottle of plain ole mineral oil for a couple bucks and try it. Lol

When I was drinking protein shakes I just bought a huge plastic bottle of vanilla whey protein bodybuilders shakes from Walmart. It tasted great was reasonably priced and I loved to add flavorings like raspberry ice Crystal Light which made it yummy. Many people on the list use name brand shakes and love them too. I forget what are the names of best ones. I think Usery and Premier are two of them.

My exercise program is walking through Super Wal-Mart a couple times a week. It's a huge store and if I spend a couple hours in there, I am really tired. Lol

Good luck on your surgery :)

Cheyenne :cool:

Oh and I use Centrum Vitamins (chewable or regular) and LOVE the Viactiv chewable calcium Carmel flavor.

I wanted to add to what Cheyenne has said; all of which I totally agree with as excellent recommendations. First, I may try to find that Aragon oil to see how much it helps my belly excess skin.

The other thing is my surgeon's team gave me an excellent site to research and pick some bariatric products: http://www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog

Take a look at their product line.

I use Bariatric Advantage High ADEK Multivitamin - Lemon Lime (180 Count) $

Best wishes,

Ralph

Back