• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery recovery

Jniz

I wasn’t one of the lucky ones who had a mild recovery it has been a rough. I have a new appreciation for what some of the people of this group went through who had longer and rougher recoveries my hats off to them.

In the back of my mind walk, walk, and sip, sip. And take the prescribed meds got me through. I took Metamucil everyday and on the fourth day I had uncontrollable diarrhea it was a miserable experience. I talked to my doctor today and he said these kinds of things happen.

A big shout out to everyone who has shared their experience on this site. I have ask for information and everyone has been great and given me information that works for them. And I do keep in mind what works for one person may not work for the other. But, often times can lead to a good discussion with a health professional.

My wife has been great and some timely responses were invaluable.

Still feeling a bit rough but the Doctor says things will get better.

Best,

J

James

I wasn’t one of the lucky ones who had a mild recovery it has been a rough. I have a new appreciation for what some of the people of this group went through who had longer and rougher recoveries my hats off to them.

In the back of my mind walk, walk, and sip, sip. And take the prescribed meds got me through. I took Metamucil everyday and on the fourth day I had uncontrollable diarrhea it was a miserable experience. I talked to my doctor today and he said these kinds of things happen.

A big shout out to everyone who has shared their experience on this site. I have ask for information and everyone has been great and given me information that works for them. And I do keep in mind what works for one person may not work for the other. But, often times can lead to a good discussion with a health professional.

My wife has been great and some timely responses were invaluable.

Still feeling a bit rough but the Doctor says things will get better.

Best,

J

James

Hang in there James. The diarrhea may have been caused by dumping from the Dissolve Packs. They certainly did a number on me.

I agree about talking to your doctor. It sure made me feel better to talk to mine. The pain is still there, but somehow knowing it isn't serious makes it hurt less.

I hope you turn the corner soon. Best wishes!

So sorry you are having a rough time. I'll bet you are glad you waited until after your son's wedding to have the surgery. Hopefully this will pass quickly. It's so hard to predict the outcome from one person to another. I certainly never expected what I went through. But hang in there, take each day one at a time. It will get better!

I am almost certain the quick dissolve Tylenol did a number on me like it did on Kathi_S. Glad she mentioned it otherwise I might have dismissed the possibility.

Feeling better and thankful to have the support of this group. So true experience is a valuable teacher.

Like Many of you said this is not an easy way out.

No, it is definitely not the easy way out. And abdominal surgery of any kind is often times a hard recovery. Not only did you just have major surgery but you can't eat anything, so you're weak and tired. I'm sorry you're having to go through that. But your doctor is right. It will get better. Every day you'll heal up a little more and you'll start to feel more yourself. It's great that you've got your wife, who's already been there and knows how to help. Hang in there. In a few months you're going to be thrilled that you did this.

Back