• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery scheduled 11/18

Congrats on your surgery date! Walk as soon as possible. Look into an abdominal binder if your dr hasn’t suggested it. Sip, sip, sip that water! Make a list of things you want to take to the hospital. I took my phone charger, hard sole slippers, clothes to go home in, chapstick, lotion, toothbrush & paste, and my phone. I listened to spa music all night to relax.

Last edited:
Hi. I have my surgery scheduled for 11/18 and I'm kinda freaking out. Any words of wisdom and/or words of encouragement would be very much appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the group. If you look in the "Resources" section found below the "What's new" section, you will find two helpful posts:
"My surgery day experience" and "Pre-surgery buying."

The advice the others mentioned are key: staying hydrated by sipping water all day long, and walking as often as possible to help you with gas pain. Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

Welcome and congrats on your upcoming surgery. It is perfectly normal to be nervous. I almost left the hospital when they called me in lol However, i am so glad I didn't. The surgery has truly changed my life. It's not just that you look better, or your health numbers (bp, cholesterol, sugar etc) are improved. You are going to feel amazing. Stay the course. It can be challenging but it is SO worth it.

Back