• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

surgery

indra

Hello I'm new here and my surgery date is Aug.19th for gastric bypass. Just a little about me I'll be 43 in a few days I'm diabetic on the pump. Plus some more health issues. My question is I started my liquid diet 5 days ago and I was wondering how much weight is about average to loose during this time? I have 9 more days left . Thanks in advance

Hello I'm new here and my surgery date is Aug.19th for gastric bypass. Just a little about me I'll be 43 in a few days I'm diabetic on the pump. Plus some more health issues. My question is I started my liquid diet 5 days ago and I was wondering how much weight is about average to loose during this time? I have 9 more days left . Thanks in advance

Hi Indra,

Welcome, you and I are close to same stats. I will be 43 at the end of the year myself. My surgery is Tuesday and it won't come fast enough!! I started my liquid diet a week early because I still had some of my required lbs to take off. I have lost 15 lbs. Now that included walking several days a week for 2 miles or more also. That helped greatly! Good luck on your surgery.

WELCOME to the Forum, Indra and JustBeingMe!!!

Good luck to you both on your surgeries! You will have a new and healthier life!!! :cool:

Cheyenne

Back