• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Survey to study attitudes toward weight loss surgery for my Master's thesis.

My name is Barbara. I'm 46 years old and had a gastric bypass in 2005 and lost over 170 lbs. I'm still doing very well. I'm a social worker and about 3 years ago I decided to change careers and am currently earning my Master's in Sociology. I knew I was going to study the obesity experience because of my personal experience with it. When I was looking at obesity research though, I noticed no one was studying weight loss surgery and the attitudes towards surgery and surgery patients themselves. I thought it might be interesting to measure attitudes and behaviors from the patient's perspective and I've found a lot of commonalities among people who have had surgery. Would anyone here be willing to take my survey? I'm looking for anyone who has had weight loss surgery or is planning on having it. Also, is there anything you'd like to see me address in the study? I really want to get at the heart of the weight loss surgery experience and do it in a way that is respectful, useful, and informative. there's a section at the end of the survey you can add to. Here is the link: www.surveymonkey.com/s/WLSattitudes Thank you so much for giving me your time.

Back