• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Susan's Travels

sparker12

I got married 17-1/2 years ago!! My Husband was running from LOVE and took a teaching position overseas, but he couldn't live without me and asked me to marry him only 29 days on Valentines Day later in 1994!! He was about to be transferred to South Korea when he proposed to me, so 2 days after our wedding in St. Louis, MO; we moved near Osan Air Force Base in S. Korea! I loved Korea and its people and when I come off of oxygen, loose all my weight and am healthy; we'd love to move back to Asia, especially Korea!!

We toured all over S. Korea from Mt. Sorak in the Northen parts near the Sea of Japan down to a southern island on the same longatude as the Hawaiian Islands called Jujo and sounds like Chejo. Six months later we moved to Japan and spent our first Christmas about an hour outside of Sapporo on the northern island of Hokkaido. I'd have to say that was my best Christmas ever!! These were my travels in 1994..

Someday I'll come back and finish my log of Japan in 1995 and all of our 16 years of adventures in the US... Gosh, we've had lots of fun and now that I'm getting healthier and we have this fantastic Timeshare, we're getting back to travelling again!!

For now, have a safe journey to wherever you may be heading! -Susan.

Susan hi Traveler

sounds like you've discovered beauty everywhere you've traveled, happy for you and your hubby, Did I read right you had your surgery recently?I assume you plan to travel more once you're realeased from your dr/ Did you have gastric bypass? I 'm still waiting for my surgery date, Do you have any suggestions for before and after surgery?
Thanks for sharing your interesting travels, wish you much succsess in all you do.
Donna

Hi MY FATHER AND MOTHER GAVE MY SISTER AND I THE TRAVEL BUG. TO THIS DAY I REMEMBER THE WONDER JOURNEY. MY FIRST TIME AWAY FROM HOME AS A VERY YOUNG BRIDE WAS TO TURKEY WHERE I HAD MY FIRST BABY. I GOT TO GO TO GERMANY, ITALY, GREECE. I VACATIONED TO ISRAEL, DENMARK. CRUISED TO THE CARIBEAN MEXICO. SPENT A WEEK IN SONORA MEX. WITH OUR CHURCH CALVARY CHAPEL. I LIVE TO TRAVEL. NOW I WANT TO SEE THE WONDERS OF OUR COUNTRY AGAIN. OH I FORGOT ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, WHALES, AND IRELAND THAT TRIP WAS A GIFT TO MY IN LAWS AND MY MOTHER AND I HAD NO INTEREST!!!AND THAT WAS IN THE TOP OF THE LIST AS WONDERFUL...GO FIGURE. MY DREAM IS A MOTOR HOME AND TRAVEL THE USA....AS A RETIRED NURSE I LEARNED TO DO WHAT YOU WANT TODAY WHO KNOWS ABOUT TOMORROW. THANKS SUSAN FOR YOUR STORY. P.S. I WOULD GO ANYWHERE WITH A GROUP I HAVE FOUND THAT IS FUN TOO.

I would love to get a small motor home and travel the US. As soon as I have hip replacement surgery and can get around better I am going to start looking for the motor home. I will probably rent my house out on a month to month lease so I have a place to come back to. Another thing I could do is do a straight 6 months of traveling then 6 months at home. I have met many people who have a permanent camp site here in Michigan and another one in either Arizona, New Mexico or some other warm climate. They spend the warmer months in Michigan and the winters in the warmer climates and just unplug the motor home and hit the road when they get the urge to travel. What a life... :) :) :)

Back