• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Take that, A1C!!!!

Anne23

Today I got my 5 month post-op blood work back and everything looked great!!! I immediately scanned to my A1C and was thrilled that it has dropped from 6.3 to 5.2!!! Everything was in the normal range except my Ferritin was high at 256 (a rise from an already high 193 pre-op) - so I am eager to chat with my doctor about that one. But otherwise I am very happy with my numbers!

Isn't that the coolest thing? I was diabetic and then .. I wasn't. I cried the first time I got back bloodwork and had a normal A1C. It's nice to see the changes in your body, but it's another level of wonderful to see the positive changes to your health. Congrats!!

Yes! I was so curious since surgery, and wondered if I was taking the right vitamins and would I be deficient or over in anything, and how my A1C and blood pressure would react - and so far everything is really good! It’s amazing! Feels good to feel good inside and out!

Today I got my 5 month post-op blood work back and everything looked great!!! I immediately scanned to my A1C and was thrilled that it has dropped from 6.3 to 5.2!!! Everything was in the normal range except my Ferritin was high at 256 (a rise from an already high 193 pre-op) - so I am eager to chat with my doctor about that one. But otherwise I am very happy with my numbers!
Anne, that's GREAT! When you get those iron levels straightened out, everything else will be fine.

Back