• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tastes have changed, no longer craving chocolate and sweats!

Saska

I continue to be surprised about what I have been experiencing with the gastric sleeve surgery. Before the surgery my biggest problem was having a sugar addiction, especially chocolates (M&M's primarily). My doctor was concerned about that also as that could have sabotaged my success post-operatively. I am almost 4 weeks from my surgery date now, and chocolates have absolutely no appeal to me now! I don't even feel like having the chocolate protein shakes but crave the fruit ones instead now, like the aloha-mango one. I saw recently on TV an ad for Cadbury cream eggs. I told a friend who was there with me that I loved those cream eggs, but I will never have one again. Then I realized that I really don't mind that I wont eat these again, and have no desire for them. Which is awesome for me. I think I may just have overcome my former sugar addiction!

I have found since my surgery Jan. 10th, that I have no cravings at all for anything sweet. Before surgery, I was always wanting something sweet. I love to bake but haven't even done any of that since my surgery. I did have a piece of chocolate yesterday. it was really good. Love chocolate but have found I can do without it now. Never thought I would be able to say that.

Back