• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tasty snack with High Protein

Hello,
Even before I had surgery, my husband and I used to make an easy snack that's high in protein. I got the idea from watch a Rachel Ray show one day.

I use 1 or 2 cans of Chickpeas/garbanzo beans (there's about 7 g. of protein in 1/2 cup). I drain them thoroughly and leave them sitting in a strainer while I mix my seasoning together. Depending on what you like, you can use most anything! We like a spicy mix, so I use about a TBSP of chili powder, 1 tsp. of ground cumin, 1 tsp. of onion salt (or powder), 1 tsp. of garlic powder, and sometimes I dump whatever sounds good to me in the mix! :) After I mix that all together in a medium size bowl, I add the chickpeas and stir or shake to coat them. I then spray my non-stick skillet with a little cooking spray and add the mixture. I cook these on low just to dry them out as much as possible. After they cool, I keep them in a tuperware container for a quick snack! Enjoy!!

Note:You don't want to make too big of batch if you're not planning to eat them in a few days. There's still enough moisture in them for them to mold if you leave them too long.

Back