• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Tearing / cutting fealing

I am 5 months post op and have lost 82 pounds. My big problem I'm having is I have several places around my abdominal area that feel like somebody stuck a knife in. It is not just on the front. It is the sides and towards the back. I'm thinking it is the skin and underlying tissue getting jerked around and it is pulling apart. If I sit still for a while, the pain goes away. When I role over in bed, pick something 20+ lbs, or something like that, it may come back. Any body else having this? I'm thinking about trying those insta slim tee shirts and see if it the loose skin getting jerked around and tee shirts may provide support.

Seriously, you should call your surgeon immediately. I attended my pre-surgical nutrition class on Monday and one of the people asked a question about lifting requirements and exercise. The facilitator said there was a 5 to 10 pound lifting restriction but if there was ANY pain at all you shouldn't lift. Same with exercise. She said if there is pain early after surgery then you aren't healed enough to lift or exercise. She said if the pain happens a while after surgery to contact the surgeon. If your surgeon is no longer "responsible" for your after care at this point then make an appointment with your primary care physician.

Please come back to the forum to let us know what the outcome is. Good luck to you Cary.

Pat99 is a wise person. Never leave anything to chance. I have had too many surgeries to count because of lap band complications. I the silicone ring isn't that much different. CALL YOUR SURGEON! It could be nothing...or it could be an infection. Don't wait!

Cary...listen to them both. Get your tushie over to the surgeon so he/she can check you out. Pain is not a good thing. I've heard too many people talking about infections they didn't know they had. Please let us know how you are doing. Will send up a silent prayer for you.

Letrell

Back